20 Benefits Of Chanting Hare Krishna Maha Mantra With Meaning
Do you know what are the benefits of chanting the Hare Krishna Maha Mantra? The Hare Krishna Maha Mantra meaning is “O all pleasing and all attractive lord, O the lord’s divine energy, engage me in your devotional and loving service, please.”
Hare Krishna Maha Mantra has 16 syllables. Through the Maha Mantra, we request “Hara” and the “supreme lord” to present us with an opportunity of serving them. The Hare Krishna Maha Mantra includes three holy names: “Hare,” Krishna,” and “Rama.”
Benefits Of Chanting Hare Krishna Maha Mantra With Meaning
20 Chanting Effects and Hare Krishna Maha Mantra Benefits
- Attain spiritual salvation by chanting the Hare Krishna Maha Mantra.
- Chanting the name of Lord Krishna frees us from all our sins.
- Hare Krishna Maha Mantra helps us to reach Vaikuntha.
- Chanting the name of all mighty God cures all our diseases.
- The Maha Mantra eliminates all fear and punishments.
- Chanting the holy name of Hari counteracts the harmful effects of Kaliyuga.
- Hare Krishna Maha Mantra purifies our hearts and minds.
- It brings us peace, enlightenment, joy, and happiness.
- Hare Krishna Mantra helps us attain liberation from the suffering of material existence.
- It improves our memory and concentration power.
- Chanting Hare Krishna Maha Mantra takes us closer to the lord. It affixes our minds by removing stress, anxiety, and depression.
- The mantra is said to be especially beneficial for those seeking liberation from material existence.
- When chanted regularly, it can help one to develop detachment from worldly things and increase love for God.
- The Hare Krishna Maha-Mantra also confers many other benefits, such as protection from enemies, good health, success in business ventures, and more.
- The Maha-Mantra is a powerful tool for spiritual development.
- The mantra is composed of sixteen words, and when chanted with devotion, it can help the devotee connect with the Supreme Personality of the Godhead.
- The Hare Krishna Maha-Mantra invokes Lord Sri Krishna’s presence and helps to cleanse the heart of all impurities.
- The Maha-Mantra can help to achieve peace and joy.
- Reduction or elimination of negative thought patterns
- Greater self-confidence.
Read Nabadwip Dham [Mayapur] Krishnanagar All You Need To Know
Hare Krishna Maha Mantra meaning
“Hare” (a powerful word) addresses the lord’s divine energy. When we chant ”Hare,” we feel closer to the supreme lord.
“Krishna” (supreme personality among God) has every quality within and outside the universe in an infinite quantity.
“Rama” (God’s other name) is the reservoir for all eternal pleasure. When we chant the Maha Mantra, we devote ourselves to the service of Krishna, and the Maha Mantra links us to the reservoir of never-ending happiness.
Hare Krishna Maha Mantra
Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Hare Rama Hare Hare.
Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare.
Hare Krishna Mantra in Hindi
“हरे कृष्ण हरे कृष्ण , कृष्ण कृष्ण हरे हरे ||
हरे राम हरे राम , राम राम हरे हरे ||”
Why Chant Hare Krishna Mantra
Chanting the Hare Krishna Maha Mantra is like meditation for the mind. Maha Manta releases energy as transcendental sound vibrations in our consciousness. The continuous chanting of this mantra lifts our minds, and helps us leave behind our bad habits and reveals the absolute truth. The practitioner gets a spiritual identity after saying the Hare Krishna Mantra. We feel closer to the supreme lord after chanting the mantra.
By chanting the Maha Mantra, we are chanting the name of the divine God. We offer him our intentions of pleasing and serving him. While chanting the holy names, we give the divine lord our love, devotion, and gratitude.
Why Chant the Mantra 108 Times
108 is a unique number in Yoga and Hinduism. The garland or mala of prayer beads comprises 108 beads. There are nine planets and twelve constellations. When these nine planets move around the 12 constellations, they bring 108 distinct changes. Thus, the chanting of Hare Krishna Maha Mantra 108 times rectifies the negative impact of these changes with positive energy.
When and How to Chant Hare Krishna Maha Mantra
Devotees can chant the Maha Mantra at any time and anywhere. We can begin with one round of 108 garlands of prayer beads for starting. Slowly the number of rounds can be increased up to 16. Chanting 16 rounds of the Maha Mantra is considered ideal by Srila Prabhupada. We should never give up chanting despite any life situation.
Principles While Chanting Hare Krishna Maha Mantra
- We should not eat meat.
- We should not intoxicate ourselves.
- We should not indulge in gambling.
Srila Prabhupada said, “In Kaliyuga, the spiritual realization will only come from the chanting of Hare Krishna Maha Mantra” (Srimad Bhagavatam 3.15.25).
In his book “Vidagdha-Madhava”, Srila Rupa Goswami expresses his regrets about not having millions of tongues and ears to chant the Mantra.
Chaitanya Caritamrta said that we should chant the name of the holy lord. Hypocrisy and quarrel are increasing in the present Kaliyuga. The Maha Mantra breaks us free from the materialistic lifestyle.
Haridas Thakur chanted 192 rounds of Hare Krishna Maha Mantra daily.
We can feel Chaitanya Mahaprabhu during Shudh Kirtan. Even if an amateur (a person who has never heard or chanted the Maha Mantra) sits in a kirtan, he gets goosebumps. He feels an inner positive connection with Hari.
Aindra Prabhu compared chanting the name of the lord with genuine humility. He said that Harinam Sankirtan is the only form of devotion that will work in Kaliyuga. Harinam Sankirtan helps us focus, read books, control our minds, listen to philosophy, etc.
Hare Krishna Movement
Srila Prabhupada believed that all worldly problems are solved by chanting Hare Krishna Maha Mantra. The Maha Mantra propagates unity in the world via ”Prayojona” (goal) of topmost and sublime Prema-bhakti.
This old Swami from India started the Hare Krishna Movement. In 1965, he visited the USA via ship with just 40 rupees and Bhagavatam books. He faced two heart attacks on his journey but successfully launched the movement.
Srila Prabhupada believed that spiritual perfection is only achieved by chanting the Maha Mantra. Srila Prabhupada inspired George Harrison of the Beatles. He produced the Hare Krishna Maha Mantra song in 1969. Srila Prabhupada inaugurated the Jagannath Rath Yatra worldwide along with Harinam Sankirtan. You can find Srila Prabhupada Puspasamadhi Mandir in Mayapur.