Nabadwip Dham & Mayapur Iskcon tour is one of the holy historical pilgrimage sites in West Bengal. People come from worldwide. We can cover both places in a single day, but I suggest you stay one night in Mayapur and be present in the Arati time. A heavenly feeling touches you at the moment.
Table of Contents
Nabadwip Dham and Mayapur Tourism
- Nabadwip Dham tourist attractions – 23 Places
- Nabadwip Dham Mayapur tour- How we reach
- Visit Mayapur Iskcon from Nabadwip
- Iskcon mayapur lunch price
- Mayapur accommodation booking
- Mayapur Hare krishna aarti timinig (Sri Mayapur Chandrodaya Mandir)
- Mayapur Iskcon kirtan
- Mayapur Iskcon Prasadam
- Mayapur Tourist Place
- Krishnanagar Tourism
- Krishnanagar Places of interest
- Tips for Navadwip and Mayapur
- 10 facts about Mayapur Iskcon
- Mayapur Iskcon mandir phone numbers
- Hotels and monasteries outside Mayapur Iskcom premises
- Budget hotels and accommodation in Nabadwip Dham West Bengal around the railway station and city centre
Nabadwip Dham and Mayapur Tourism
In the past, the island had just begun to emerge from the Ganga and dwelling place was being built up. The rumour is nine islands raised from the sea, so it’s called together ‘Na diyas‘ and after its called Nadia. But it’s a wrong theory. Nadia means new island (Natun dwip), which is the district headquarters in Krishnanagar.
Direct buses and reserved Toto’s from Krishnanagar coming to Mayapur after crossing the river ‘Jalangi’, and you can reach Nadia Nabadwip. The bus journey is approx one hour. Frequently bus service is available.
Read Ambika Kalna
Nabadwip is situated on the banks of the river Bhagirathi and Janalgi. It’s 120 km from Kolkata and 19 km from Krishna Nagar. The daily train is available from Howrah and Sealdah. Sri Chaitanya was born here in 1486. He developed the Vaishnava religion. This place is one of the main Hindu pilgrims in West Bengal, having 186 temples.
The “rash” is a very popular festival in Nabadwip. It’s a Vaishnava festival, but deities like Durga, Kali and others are also worshipped. Thousands of people take part in this festival. “Dol festival” is also celebrated with a great gesture. Almost at every house in Navadwip, there is a temple dedicated to Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu.
The main Nabadwip temple holds the golden statue of Sri Chaitanya, and It’s the most important shrine here.
Mayapur is one of the nine islands on the river Hoogly. Connected by bus services from Krisnanagar and Kolkata and a ferry ride across the Bhagirathi River from Nabadwip. This place is the root of Vaishnavism.
Also read Ayodhya Hills Purulia tour
Nabadwip Dham tourist attractions – 23 Places
- Sri Keshavaji Gaudiya Math Nabadwip
- Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math
- Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math (Jal Mandir)
- Sonar Mandir
- Narahari Dham
- Bharat sevashram sangha Nabadwip
- Narahari sri chaitanya seva mission (60 feet Chaitanya murti)
- Nadia nodi ghat
- Jagannath mishra house (birthplace of Chaitanya Mahaprabhu)
- SRI SRI BALADEB JEW TEMPLE
- Sri krishna Chaitanya Seba mission (gupto Vrindaban)
- Poramatala temple
- Bhabatarini mandir
- Ektil shiv mandir
- Nityananda milan mandir
- Gauranga mahaprabhu upanayanam
- Buro shib mandir
- Birth place of vishnupriya devi
- Harisava mandir
- Sonar Gouranga Mandir
- Sri Sri Samaj Bari Ashram
- Manipur rajbari Nabadwip
- Sri Saraswata Gaudiya Asana
Nabadwip Dham Mayapur tour- How we reach
We took the train from Sealdah station in the early morning. It will take 2 hours to reach the Nabadwip station. After we take Riksha (Toto’s are available now) from the station to visit all the spots, and the rickshaw dropped us at the Nabadwip ferrighat. The rickshaw takes 500 rs for two hours.
At the ferrighat, we found a few hotels to stay in and eat. We finished our lunch and took a small ferry to cross the river for Mayapur’ Hulor ghat ‘. It charges .50 paisa (now 3 rupees) per person. The river has two colours (green and black). So we are very excited when we see it. After you can reach Mayapur by toto or riksha or a gentle walk.
Nabadwip Dham Rash yatra
We visited Navadwip this year, that time we travelled with Toto. The Toto cost is 350 rupees to see all the places in Nabadwip Dham. And the ferry fare is 7 rupees for the govt steamer like Kolkata Howrah ferry, and the local ferry is 4 rupees only.
Visit Mayapur Iskcon from Nabadwip
Mayapur is the headquarters of ISKON, and this society took first place to spread Vaishnism into the whole world. Iskon stands for “International Society for Krishna Consciousness“. Iskcon’ Chandrodaya temple‘ in Mayapur is the main attraction of the entire ISKCON tour. Arati is a special attraction in Mayapur.
After reaching Sri Mayapur, there are lots of hotels near Mayapur and if you need you can get Iskcon accommodation with vegetarian food. So it’s better to contact them earlier for staying in Mayapur. You can get a room in Mayapur Nityananda Kutir for rupees 150 only.
Iskcon mayapur lunch price
The prasad starts from rupees 30. The Rajbhog prasad price is 120 rupees. You can do lunch from Govinda restaurant ISKCON. Veg thali price is 200 rupees. The thali has ten types of items.
Mayapur accommodation booking
The Iskcon also has numerous arrangements to stay over in four houses: Sankha, Chakra, Gada, and Padma. Sankha is for VIP’s, Padma’s for the life member, Chadra- ordinary and Gada- with Dormitory system. They also have Dharmashala’s. The Janata Prasad is also available to the right of the gate in the afternoon.
As it’s a Hindu religious place, so please note that shoes and cameras are not allowed in the inner place. There is a Gosala with lots of cows, and the area is very big.
Mayapur Hare krishna aarti timinig (Sri Mayapur Chandrodaya Mandir)
04:30 am – Mangal arati, 7:30 am- Darshan arati, 8:00 am- Bhagabat Gita Path, noon -Bhog arati, 4:00 pm- Dhoop arati, 6:30 pm- Sandha Arati, 7:30 pm – Bhagabat Gita Path again, 8:30 pm- sandhya arati continued.
Mayapur Iskcon kirtan
In Sri Mayapur, there are lots of foreigners doing Prabhupada hare Krishna kirtan in the name of Krishna. They also stay there, and it happens 24 hours non-stop. So the hare Krishna aarti will happen eight times a day.
Go with Best Kurseong to Darjeeling travel guide from Kolkata
Mayapur Iskcon Prasadam
There are various categories of Prasadam (food offered to God and then distributed among the devotees) that we can buy from the temple premises. A little distance away is the Vishwa Pradarshani.
With the special effect of the magic mirror, one can see distorted images of oneself. At night the colourful display of light is another sight word seeing. ISKCON Mayapur lunch price starts from 30 rupees. I tested 60 and 120 rupees Mahaprasad. One hundred twenty rupees Mahaprasad is good, but it’s not available during occasion time for general devotees.
Find New Digha Sea Beaches travel guide
Mayapur Tourist Place
Iskcon Chandrodaya temple Mayapur is also known as Mayapur Krishna mandir, Gouria math, Sri Chaitanya temple, Bhakti Saran math, Gosala etc, Mayapur new mandir is just created. The new temple will complete in 2022.
You may like Bakkhali Tour Guide
End of our Holiday Story
In return, there are lots of buses from Mayapur to Krishnanagar, and from there, trains are available for Sealdah. The other option is to cross the river again and catch the express train from Nabadwip, but the train frequency is very low. So if you decided to go back to the Nabadwip Dham, then the sandhya arati will miss.
In the late evening, we reach Kolkata city. It’s a one-day round tour from Kolkata. Our Nabadwip Dham, Mayapur Iskcon tour ends here.
All the mentioned places cover in one day is tough. So my advice is to stay at least one day in Mayapur or Nabadwip to enjoy the whole trip.
Read more story about Bankura Bishnupur Mukutmanipur Tour
In ancient times, Krishnanagar was known as Reui. Maharaj Rudra renamed it Krishnanagar. Nadia has developed in the reign of Maharaja Krishnachandra.
Krishna Chandra was titled Raja Rajendra Bahadur as an award for fighting against Sirajuddowla on the battlefield of Palasi. Mayapur and Nabadwip can reach Krishna Nagar easily. Krishnanagar can reach by Sealdah within 1.5 by Krishnanagar local train (frequent trains are available).
Krishnanagar Places of interest
- The Krishanagar Rajbari is the major attractions in Krishna Nagar. The Durga Mandir in its premises has its value. The Nut Mandir, the last work of Krishna Chandra’s in Pankha, is rare and almost nonexistent. The four-towered Singha Duar of the royal palace was built in the Muslim style of architecture.
- Roman Catholic Church is an exclusive example of an architectural and sculptural example. On the wall of the church, 27 paintings describe the tale of Jesus.
- Besides all these, there is the ancestral house of author Pramatha Chowdhury’s Rani Kuthi, an association with Sri Rabindranath Tagore. Others are Krishnanagar Academy in Rantanu Lahiri’s house, and the Protestant church has its value.
- Another attraction is Sadhakzafar Khan Dargah, where Hindus and Muslims offer Sinni and light lamps in his memory.
Read Puri Tourism Guide
Tips for Navadwip and Mayapur
If you want to visit Mayapur first, get down to Bishnupriya railway station and cross the river. It is a shorter distance.
Mayapur official website for tour and hotel booking
10 facts about Mayapur Iskcon
- We can take photographs at the main Radha Madhav temple by contacting the security office under the Lotus Building between 9 am and 10 am. You can take pictures, but videography is restricted.
- If an older person needs a wheelchair, he can get it with a refundable amount of Rs 500 by contacting the Padma Bhavan office on the left side of the main temple. A copy of the photo identity card must be submitted.
- Before entering the Radhamadhab temple, a mobile phone, shoes, power bank should be deposited at the counter next to the temple at Rupees 10.
- Most of all room bookings were from the Gada Bhavan building.
- Tea and coffee are prohibited anywhere inside the ISKCON complex. However, special hot water called Ayurvedic tea is available.
- Every Saturday afternoon, an elephant-drawn procession goes out to the temple premises.
- Car parking is available.
- Mahaprasad starts from 30 rupees. Those who want to have a full lunch or dinner can eat at Govinda Restaurant (as per rate card).
- Harinam chanting is done 24 hours at the Mayapur temple.
- To maintain decency of dress
Mayapur Iskcon mandir phone numbers
- Gadabhavan 03472 245219, 03472245494 / 03472-245620 / 03472-245495
- Nityananda Kutir-08609874554 / (03472-245043)
- Gouranga Cottage- (03472- 245043)
- Chaitanya Bhavan-03472-245362 / [email protected]
- Ishodyan Bhavan- 06295547507
- Harekrishna Dharamsala- 03472245240
- Namahatta Bhavan- 03472245305
- Banshi Bhavan- 03472245355
Hotels and monasteries outside Mayapur Iskcom premises
Chaitanya Swaraswat Math- 01246201617
Jagannath Guest House- 07602876051
Sri Krishna Guest House- 0894 484 4794
Budget hotels and accommodation in Nabadwip Dham West Bengal around the railway station and city centre
- 03472240227- Bharat Sevashram Nabadwip,
- 0933 322 2775- Sri Keshavji Gaudiya Math, Navadwip,
- 03472240068- Sri Devananda Gaudiya Math,
- 03472248218- Srimad Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Gaudiya Math,
- 03472240132- Sri Sri Samaj Bari Ashram,
- 03472241319- Sri Sri Ramakrishna Seva Samiti,
- Guest House of Navadwip Municipality- 03472240413
- Nandita Guest House, 03472240518- Near Poramatla
- Poddar Guest House-9433939997
- In front of the station 0915 329 4859 – Hotel City Pride
How can I go to Nabadwip from Howrah?
The train route is the fastest and best way to reach Nabadwip. It takes approximately 2 hours.
Popular train Howrah to Balurghat Express. Dep: 7:50, ARV:9:42. (Exp: Saturday, Sunday).
How can I reach Krishnanagar from Nabadwip?
First, take a ferry from Nabadwip ghat and reach hulor ghat (Mayapur ghat). Then take a bus and reached Krishnanagar it takes 1 hour. Reserve auto/toto is also available from hulor ghat.
Another way is, from Nabadwip ghat and reach Swarup Ganj ghat. Local autos/toto are available forms Swarup Ganj ghat. And arrive Krishnanagar within 30 minutes.
How do I get from Nabadwip to Mayapur?
The ferry is the only way. Arrive at Mayapur ghat from Nabadwip Ghat in 15 minutes. The frequency is 30 minutes.Ferry(3rupees) and launch(7 rupees) both options are available. Then take a toto to reach Mayapur within 1 minute. 10 minutes walking distance.