Do you know that food and Yoga are interrelated to your physical and mental health? Food gives you physical energy, and Yoga gives you mental power. As food is part of your daily life, I suggest practising Yoga daily. Let’s discover the magic of Vethathiri Maharishi Kayakalpa yoga exercise benefits, poses and effects.
According to the ‘Journey of Consciousness’ by Vethathiri Maharishi, Kayakalpa Yoga helps regulate metabolic functions by controlling endocrine secretions. As a result, this Yoga helps cure PCOS (Polycystic ovary syndrome) and infertility.
Table of Contents
- Principle of Kayakalpa Yoga Exercise and Benefits
- What is Kayakalpa?
- Kayakalpa Yoga Mudra comprises three parts
- Vethathiri Maharishi Kayakalpa yoga benefits
- How to do Kayakalpa Yoga – Essential Factors
- Vethathiri Maharishi Kayakalpa yoga
- Kayakalpa Yoga Centre in Chennai Tamil state
- Kayakalpa Yoga side effects
Principle of Kayakalpa Yoga Exercise and Benefits
Kayakalpa yoga can restructure your body without involving any medicines or herbs. Kayakalpa yoga helps build a strong nervous system, physical fitness and the spiritual satisfaction of the practitioner.
In ancient times, the saints of South India mainly practised it. For centuries and centuries, it’s been a secret Siddha Yoga. Interestingly, it will post pond your death until you reach spiritual perfection.
What is Kayakalpa?
In Sanskrit, Kaya means body, and Kalpa means to transform. It’s an ancient yoga practice to get a new body. This practice gives a stable and strong body.
Before doing Kayakalpa Yoga
- This Yoga is highly recommended for those who are above 14 years.
- If you did surgery like vasectomy, hysterectomy, laparoscopy, etc., wait three months.
- It would be best to practise before having food or at least four hours after the meal.
- All to practice it under the supervisor of a mentor.
- Sitting in a relaxed position would be best while doing Kayakalpa yoga or kayakalpam yoga.
What is Kayakalpa Yoga?
Guru Sri Vethathiri Maharishi was gifted Kayakalpa Yoga. Two Sanskrit words break into two parts Kaya and Kalpa. Kaya means body, and Kalpa means immortal. Another meaning is body immortality Yoga.
What is simplified Kundalini yoga?
It is another form of Yoga. There is no simplified version, and monks used it in older days to worship the goddess.
What is the percentage of people performing yoga on a daily basis in India?
India is the birthplace of Yoga. Nowadays, about 200 Million or 20 Crores people practice Yoga every day, and nearly 24 % of total people exercise Yoga daily.
What is Ojas breathing?
It helps in recycling the vital fluids in our bodies.
Kayakalpa Yoga Mudra comprises three parts
- Aswini Mudra
- Moola Bandha
- Ojas breathing
Both the word comes from Sanskrit. So ‘Ashwa’ means horse in Sanskrit, and ‘Mudra’ means pose. It’s an easy beginner’s job and helps ton the nerves.
How many Ashwini mudras are done while doing Kayakalpa?
There are 10 Ashwini mudras in Kayakalpa yoga. Ashwini mudra can tone up the nerves. It’s done to keep the anal sphincter muscle strong and healthy.
Moola Bandha is a contraction of the anal muscles. The word banda means ‘tied’ or ‘locked’ in locking the muscles in the perineum. Banda also means ‘redirecting.’ In this Yoga, you unlock the energy in the physical body and lock the perineum muscles.
It is believed that moola bandha, this yoga active 72000 “Nadis,” makes it very strong. In the Upanishads and The Siva Samhita, we reference the moola bandha, which says it is the best yoga practice.
According to Vethathiri Maharshi’s Kayakalpa Yoga, the perineum contracts, and the Apana air moving downwards is forced upwards, which is moola bandha. By practising Moola Bandha life, vitality increases, Apana, Naad, and Bindu become one. The vital energy spreads throughout the body.
The myocardium affects Moola bandha and helps release the sensitive conflicts accumulated in the peroneal and pelvic floor muscles.
Ojas breathing is an exercise to relax the body. Let me share a story of mythology to explain. The story is that there was a boy named Ojas. The Sanskrit word Ojas means vigour, the strength of the body, water, and vitality, responsible for immunity.
The most important thing is that it activates Sahasrara Charka, the crown and the pineal gland. It is placed in the middle portion of our brain.
Vethathiri Maharishi Kayakalpa yoga benefits
Just spend 3 minutes every morning and evening from your busy schedule to get the benefits.
- Bringing glow to your skin helps maintain the balance between red and white blood cells and the brain and glow to your skin. It’s better than any cosmetic product.
- It helps give spiritual satisfaction: In the historic days, “Yogis” used to practice this Yoga method to get a Godly connection. If you are suffering from depression, it will also help you eliminate it.
- It sharpens your memory: Are you worried because you can’t remember anything about your exam? No need to worry anymore. Practice Kayakalpa yoga, which will sharpen your brain. It keeps you away from Alzheimer’s or any brain disorder disease and helps the brain cells remain active.
- It increases your lifespan: It replaces the old cells with fresh ones. It helps in cleaning the lungs too.
- It improves the reproductive system of females: It also prevents complication that arises during menstruation cycles. Never practice it on those days. After one month’s delivery, you can start with your Kaya Kalpa practice.
- Bring calmness inside yourself: Are you searching for peace? Are you feeling depressed constantly? Practice it regularly under a mentor. Then we don’t have to search for peace; peace will find you.
- It reduces weight: Everyone loves to reduce weight. But never go for any artificial product or any surgery. Losing weight is so simple. Practice Kayakalpa yoga involves physical movements that will remove your body’s fats.
- It reduces the ill-effects of hereditary problems: Nobody wants their child does not carry any ill-effect that they possess. So to cure this kind of thing, this Yoga is also a solution.
- Positive thinking: Kayakalpa Yoga removes negative thoughts and develops positive attention. It helps to think within yourself. Also, it removes all your unwanted thoughts.
- Reduce insomnia: Many of us have a problem with sleeping, which is called insomnia. Kayakalpa yoga helps you to have an enjoyable sleep.
- Remove infertility problem: Yes, you hear it correctly. We know many women face issues during conception, and Kayakalpa Yoga can remove the problem of infertility.
- Kayakalpa Yoga helps keep the mind calm and soothe: It reduces stress and anxiety. As all these get reduced, it will help grow ova at an average level.
How to do Kayakalpa Yoga – Essential Factors
Kayakalpa Yoga basics involve simple practising of mudras and breathing exercises. It improves your health by allowing energy to flow throughout your body.
- Remember always sits in a relaxed manner. You should practise three postures of Kayakalpa yoga in the morning and evening.
- How to do Kayakalpa Yoga at home? Kayakalpa Yoga is beneficial for our health. You have to follow a few simple steps. Then everyone can easily do Kayakalpa Yoga at home.
- You must practice it under a mentor and join online classes for Kayakalpa yoga. They also support you in video sessions. Apps are also available in the Google Play store. There are paid and free courses of Kayakalpa yoga, which are available online. EBooks are also available.
- As a practitioner, you must breathe in and out slowly by your nose and exhale forcefully through your mouth. It must happen in a particular sequence.
- Distinguish between Medical Kayakalpa and Yogic Kayakalpa.
- Practising Medical Kayakalpa can postpone death. Whereas in the case of Yogic Kayakalpa, we can also remove ego and control the mind. If you can manage your mind, you can achieve many things in your life.
“Physical health is indispensable to achieve the purpose of life. If health us ignored death is nearby, the perfection of consciousness is then a dream. I learned the art of nurturing the health, and so I practised the art “.– By Thirumoolar Thirumandiram
Vethathiri Maharishi Kayakalpa yoga
Yogiraj Vethathiri Maharishi was a spiritual leader, world peace activist, scientist, and philosopher. The guru was born in 1911 on 14th August and left us in 2006 on 28th March. He founded the World Community Service Center in Chennai and established nearly 300 yoga centres worldwide. He gifted Kaya Kalpa yoga to humanity.
The government of Tamil Nadu has approved teaching his Simplified Kundalini Yoga in many schools. Thus, for the betterment of humankind, VethathiriMaharshi synthesizes a complete science of living.
Kayakalpa Yoga Centre in Chennai Tamil state
The centre’s name is Venthathri Maharishi’s Kayakalpa Yoga Therapy and Research Centre. It’s not only a yoga class but a place that will help you refresh your body.
Their centres are in Kutchey Road of Mylapore, Chennai, Tamil Nadu. It’s a perfect yoga centre to stimulate yourself. Some other centres are Yoga & Meditation Centre, Body and Soul Yoga Studio, SKY YOGA, and Kayakalpa Health Centre. Every year many tourists travel here to learn yoga.
Vethathiri Maharishi Simplified Kundalini Yoga Society, The Yoga School, is renowned for the institute centre in Singapore.
If you fall under the following categories, then Kayakalpa yoga is not for you.
- If you are a pregnant woman, you must not do Ojas breathing. You only practice Aswini Mudra.
- It’s not recommended for those children who haven’t reached puberty yet.
- If you are above 70 years old, it’s not recommended.
- No matter your age group, patients wait until you recover if you are ill.
- If you have undergone a major operation, wait for your full recovery. After your recovery, you can continue with your practice as usual.
Kayakalpa Yoga side effects
- A practitioner must start Kaya Kalpa yoga after fourteen years, and it’s notified in the Kayakalpa yoga’s terms condition. So before the start, you should follow the instructions. Otherwise, it may be harmful to you.
- Pregnant ladies and lactating mothers do not do this Yoga during this period. At the time of pregnancy, the body would not be in a stable condition so any wrong move will harm your body as well as your baby’s health condition. And for the lactating mother, Kaya Kalpa yoga practice will increase the hormonal secretions, which is a significant side effect on the baby’s health.
- Women should not practice this for three days of the menstrual period because Yoga increases extra pressure on the body and the abdomen. So it creates ovarian disorder.
- It would be best to practice this Yoga on a full stomach. Not only Kaya Kalpa practice, but you also should not do any yoga now. Usually, Yoga increases blood circulation. So if you are on a full stomach, you put extra pressure on your body, and it will cause abdomen disorder. Should wait two to three hours after the meal.
- Before doing Kaya Kalpa yoga, you must learn or be trained. It would be best if you learned from an experienced instructor. If you are not doing the proper steps while doing Yoga, It might negatively affect your health.
According to the studies, many PCOS patients recovered by practising Kayakalpa Yoga. It’s one of the easiest and most effective practices to extend your lifespan. If you practice Kayakalpa Yoga correctly by maintaining all the rules, anybody can live for 120 years without pain and, most importantly, without medicine.