The United States of America is the prime center for adventure sports. From zip lining to skydiving, name any possible thrill ride, and it’s there in the US. You can also find many of the best places for Bungee Jumping in the USA. The activity is mainly done from a Bridge, Tree, Dam, or Rock.
Bungee jumping in America is an exciting game. Los Angeles, New York, San Diego, Seattle, San Francisco, Orlando, Miami, Houston, Oakland, Maryland, Houston, Pennsylvania, Hawaii, Austin, Ohio, New Jersey, Cancun, Michigan, Georgia, Washington, Kansas City, and Sacramento are nearby developing areas for Bungee Jumping. Very soon, more places will be open to the public.
Even though it originated in New Zealand, many prominent ones in the USA are well-known worldwide. These include bridges, towers, and even hotel rooftops. Bungee enthusiasts from around the World flock to these places for the adventure of a lifetime.
Please note that jumping off bridges is still prohibited in New Jersey and New York.
List of 29 Best Bungee Jumping Spots in the United States
1. Bridge to Nowhere Bungee Jump – California
The Bridge to Nowhere is an iconic bungee jumping location loved by all Californian adventure enthusiasts. The bridge itself is mysterious and unique as it leads to nowhere. The connecting road construction was interrupted by a flood and thus remains incomplete.
The bridge is over the San Gabriel River, within the San Gabriel Mountains, and the jump will dangle you just above the river. Jumping off this 120 ft river will give you an exhilarating view of these California mountains. The jump ends a few feet above the river. Groups of 6 or more can book this location. This spot is near Rattlesnake Peak.
- Cost: $100 per person per jump.
- Address: Mt Baldy, CA 91759, United States
2. Stratosphere SkyJump, Strat Tower – Las Vegas, Nevada
Bungee jumping is commonly done in nature. But Stratosphere SkyJump is not your traditional jumping spot. It’s in the middle of Las Vegas, Nevada, near the Las Vegas National Golf Course. The Strat Hotel offers bungee jumping from its top at 829 ft (216m). It’s a good option for your first bungee jump as it’s beginner-friendly.
- Cost: $120 per jump.
- Address: 2000 Las Vegas Blvd S, Las Vegas, NV 89104, United States.
3. Highway 21 Bridge Bungee Jumping Boise – Idaho
The Highway 21 Bridge is located on the outskirts of Boise, Idaho, near Freak Alley Gallery. This 100 ft high bridge might be smaller than others, but the fun and thrill are prevalent.
The jump will keep you dangling just a few feet above the Boise River. Jumps are organized all year round. Book your jump with a group of five or more. It’s a perfect place for beginners to try bungee jumping in nature.
- Cost: $100 – $150 per jump.
- Address: ID-21, Boise, ID 83716, United States. Near Boise River.
4. Sierra Nevada Mountains Bridge Bungee Jumping – Sacramento, CA
The Sierra Nevada Mountains Bridge is a quaint rail bridge in the Sierra Nevada Mountain Range. The bridge is near San Francisco, Napa, Lake Tahoe, and Yosemite National Park. Bungee jumpers attempting this 100 ft tall bridge can experience the beautiful surrounding scenery throughout their jump.
The nearest attractions are Old Sacramento Waterfront, Fairytale Town, Sutter’s Fort State Historic Park, California State Railroad Museum, etc.
- Cost: $149 jump.
- Address: 5716 Folsom Blvd, Sacramento, CA 95819. Near the Lake Tahoe
5. Redwood Forest Bungee Jumping – California
Get a true adrenaline rush by jumping from the tallest trees in the World. The forests of Humboldt, California, offer you three adventurous experiences. To experience this unique bungee jump, first, climb up a Redwood tree.
At the top is a tightrope walking path connecting two trees. The final stage is the jump from the tree branch, and the height of trees varies from around 200 ft. It’s another famous place for Bungee Jumping in the USA.
- Cost: $249 per jump, including GoPro ($29) or Video ($19).
- Address: Redwood Forest, California, United States. Near Redwood Creek
6. Parrotts Ferry Bridge Bungee Jumping – California
The Parrotts Ferry Bridge is in Calaveras County, California. This concrete bridge stands over the New Melones Lake reservoir. It was constructed at an incredible height of 180 ft, and the structure is simple. It’s located between the rolling green hills of Central California.
The size is a bit intimidating for beginners and first-timers, and it’s therefore mainly recommended for the experienced. The bungee operators provide the utmost safety and security for their jumpers. The nearest attraction is the Black Chasm Cavern National Natural Landmark.
- Cost: $75 per jump.
- Address: Pioneer Creek Road, Pioneer, CA 95666, United States.
7. Pacific Northwest Bridge Bungee Jumping – Washington
The Bungee Masters maintain the Pacific Northwest Bridge as it is their personal jumping spot. It’s located near Seattle in the depths of a forest. The bridge is 200 ft tall and stands over a small forest river.
The thrill of jumping from here is more suitable for expert jumpers. Bungee Masters provides completely safe bungee expeditions for everyone.
The nearest attractions are Chelatchie Prairie Railroad, Cedar Creek Grist Mill, ZiplineX Zip Line Tours, etc.
- Cost: 99$ for one jump and 129$ for two jumps per jump.
- Address: NE Healy Rd and NE Belvins Rd, Amboy, WA 98601, United States.
8. High Steel Bridge – Washington State
The High Steel Bridge in Washington forms a beautiful view amid the spruce forest at the Skokomish River Canyon in the Pacific Northwest. It’s at a moderate height of 385 ft (114m), and the jump from here drops straight down to a rocky gorge.
Jumping off this bridge is only allowed if it’s booked in advance. Organized groups of 8 or more people are required to book this place. The nearby attractions are Dalby Water Wheel and Lake Cushman Lookout.
- Cost: $250 per jump.
- Address: NF-2340, Shelton, WA 98584, United States.
9. Navajo Bridge Bungee Jump – Arizona
Navajo Bridge in Arizona will take you through a unique bungee jumping experience. Within the magnificent Grand Canyon National Park, the Navajo Bridge is 467 ft (141.5m), and it’s more suited for experienced or advanced-level jumpers.
It’s a steel arch bridge that runs over the Colorado River. Experience the beauty of nature in this beautiful mix of red sandstone and blue river water. Advance booking is required for bungee jumping from this bridge. The nearby attractions are Vermilion Cliffs National Monument, Cliff Dwellers – Stone House, and Lees Ferry.
- Cost: $350 per jump.
- Address: US Hwy 89a, Marble Canyon, AZ 86036, United States.
10. Rio Grande Bridge Bungee Jump – New Mexico
Jumping off the Rio Grande Bridge takes a lot of courage. It’s a steel arch bridge across the Rio Grande Gorge at 680 ft (206m). The bridge’s height makes it pretty windy, and rocky mountains surround it. Jumping from here is organized only once a year in the fall, and group reservations are preferable.
The nearest Attractions are the Downtown Taos Historic District, Kit Carson Home and Museum, Hlauuma (North House) of Taos Pueblo, Millicent Rogers Museum, and Taos Historic Museums.
- Cost: $350 per jump.
- Address: New Mexico 87529, United States.
11. Crooked River Gorge Bridge Central Bungee Jumping – Oregon
The Crooked River Gorge Bridge in Oregon connects Bend and Madras. The underlying gorge is 300 ft deep. It’s located near the well-known Smith Rock climbing area. Among all the other adventure activities in the area, bungee jumping from Crooked River Gorge Bridge surely takes the crown as the main attraction of Bend.
The bridge is assumed to be among the highest North American commercial bungee jumping spots. Jumps here are offered by Central Oregon Bungee Adventures (COBA). The nearby attractions are Smith Rock State Park, Redmond Caves, Petersen Rock Garden & Museum.
- Cost: $149 per jump.
- Address: Peter Skene Ogden State Scenic Viewpoint, US-97, Terrebonne, OR 97760.
12. Royal Gorge Suspension Bridge Bungee Jumping – Colorado
The Royal Gorge Suspension Bridge of Cañon City, United States, used to be the World’s tallest bungee jumping spot till 2003. This bridge hangs above the Arkansas River at 1053 ft (321 m).
This impressive height allows you to free fall for around 15 seconds. Experienced adventure seekers attempt to break world records by jumping off this bridge. However, bungee jumping here is only allowed during a yearly event organized by GoFast. Entry to this event is through invitation only.
The Royal Gorge Bridge Park offers adventure sports like zip lines, a sky coaster, and the World’s steepest incline railway. Most of these rides are weather-dependent. The nearest attractions are Royal Gorge Bridge & Park, Garden Park Fossil Area, and Tommy Knocker Playland – Royal Gorge Bridge & Park.
- Cost: The entry fee for adults is $25. The entry fee for children is $20.
- Address: 4218 Co Rd 3A, Cañon City, CO 81212, United States.
13. Myrtle Beach Thrill Rides – South Carolina
Myrtle Beach is handmade for an ultimate fun-filled beach experience. Myrtle Beach Thrill Rides in downtown Myrtle Beach is the top spot for thrill and adventure seekers.
They are home to a sky coaster, SlingShot, and family rides like the Shooting Star swing and Sky Bounce. The Sky Bounce is the bungee-style trampoline offered by Myrtle Beach Thrill Rides, allowing the jumper to jump as high as 20 feet.
- Cost: Not available.
- Address: 1201 N Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577.
14. Great Smoky Mountains Bungee Jumping – Tennessee, USA
The Great Smoky Mountains is a beautiful wonder of nature that carves the partition between the states of North Carolina and Tennessee. Several adventure sports are hidden under the wilderness of this mountain. From zip lining to alpine slides, you can do much more than admire the beauty of this place.
Bungee jumping is also available at a higher altitude near the Parkway in Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg. It allows the jumper to jump as high as 65 feet, collect your bravery, and eliminate all fears by taking this leap of faith.
The nearest attractions are Ripley’s Believe It or Not!, Gatlinburg Space Needle, Titanic Museum Attraction, and Dollywood.
- Cost: Varies.
- Address: Tennessee, United States.
15. Fast Tracks Pigeon Forge Bungee Jumping – Tennessee
In the foothills of the Smoky Mountains is the small, quaint town of Pigeon Forge. Fast Tracks is a family entertainment zone with many rides and activities, including a bungee tower.
The tower is 75 ft high and equipped with all safety precautions. The staff is on standby to help you prepare for your jump. It’s a great place to experience bungee jumping with your loved ones. The park also offers rides like go-karts, video arcade games, and carnival games.
- Cost: $20 per jump.
- Address: 2879 Parkway, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863, United States.
16. Hansen Bridge – Idaho
The Hansen Bridge is the most exciting yet scary place to bungee jump from in Idaho. It’s a narrow bridge erected over the Snake River at an imposing height of 400 ft. It’s great
height restricts participation at the advanced level only.
However, its notorious wind strength can pose a danger to individual jumpers. For this reason, bungee jumping from Hansen Bridge is allowed only once yearly during summer. The jump time is usually scheduled in the morning or on a full moon night.
The nearest attractions are Shoshone Falls Park, Bridge View Point, Evel Knievel Snake River Canyon Jump Site, and Centennial Waterfront Park.
- Cost: $250 per jump.
- Address: ID-50, Hansen, ID 83334, United States.
17. Crooked River Bridge Bungee Jumping – Idaho
The Crooked River Bridge is a 464 ft long steel arch bridge in Boise, Idaho. It hangs 300 ft over the beautiful Crooked River that flows through the desolate region. The famous rock climbing spot, Smith Rock, is also nearby.
Jumpers often attempt both rock climbing and bungee jumping at the same time. This two-in-one feature makes it a favorite place among thrill and adventure seekers. This adrenaline-filled jump is more suited for experienced jumpers. It allows the view of the stone canyon walls and beautiful nature.
- Cost: $149 per jump.
- Address: NF-327, Idaho City, ID 83631, United States. Near Boise Basin Museum
18. Perrine Bridge Bungee Jumping – Idaho
The Perrine Bridge is a massive truss arch at 500 ft., located in Twin Falls, Idaho. It hangs over the mighty Snake Canyon or Snake River. Due to the higher altitude, the wind current up on the bridge is sometimes stronger than expected. It has resulted in a few bungee jumping accidents in the past years.
The bridge is restricted and only allows jumps once a year. Advanced-level bungee jumpers are more suited to attempting jumping from here.
- Cost: $250 per jump.
- Address: Jerome, ID 83338, United States. Near Twin Falls Area.
19. Extreme World Jumping – Wisconsin
There are many places to bungee jump in Chicago and Illinois, and Extreme World is one of them. It’s a commercial adventure park operating in Chicago for a long time. The park has an arch tower that offers bungee jumping to visitors. The building is 120 ft in height, good for beginners and first-timers. A lift takes you to the top of the tower.
A team of Extreme World workers is ready to help you with your jump, keeping all safety protocols in mind. The park offers other thrill and adventure rides such as a sky coaster, terminal velocity, ejection seat, etc.
The nearest attractions are Tommy Bartlett Exploratory, MagiQuest, Wizard Quest, and Booby Trap Escape Rooms.
- Cost: $37 per jump.
- Address: 1800 Wisconsin Dells Parkway, Wisconsin Dells, WI.
20. Gravity Adventure Park – Texas
Gravity Adventure Park on South Padre Island in Texas was built in 1993. Its reverse bungee ride makes it stand out from the rest on the list. It is, in fact, the tallest reverse bungee ride in the World. The ride is called The Rocket. It’s undoubtedly the most thrilling experience you can have on the island.
The ride will show you the most fantastic view of South Padre Island. Other activities here include go-karts, mini-golf, etc.
- Cost: $25 per jump.
- Address: 106 W Marlin St, South Padre Island, TX 78597, United States.
21. Fun Spot America Bungee – Florida
At Fun Spot America, a 300 ft tower is present to offer visitors a free-fall experience. It’s a well-known adventure park with loads of rides to satisfy thrill-seekers. The park is also home to the World’s Tallest SkyCoaster. It’s another place for Bungee jumping in the US.
- Cost: $40 per head for a single jump.
- Address: 5700 Fun Spot Way, Orlando, FL 32819, United States.
22. Mt. Hood Adventure Park at Skibowl – Oregon
Mount Hood Adventure Park is Oregon’s near Little Zigzag Falls, is the most popular summer destination, and offers many adventure activities such as the alpine slide, indy karts, and bungee jumping. The bungee tower in the park is 70 ft tall.
A safety airbag is placed at the bottom. After the jump, the participant is slowly lowered onto this airbag. It’s perfect for minors and first-timers. While jumping down, you will see the entire Skibowl view at once. You must purchase all tickets online in advance.
- Cost: $86 per jump.
- Address: 87000 US-26, Government Camp, OR 97028, United States.
23. Track Family Recreation Center – Destin, Florida
The Track Family Recreation Center is perfect for a fun, eventful day out with friends and family. It has a bungee tower that drops visitors 75 ft. It’s good for first-timers as the tower is made for bungee jumping, and many safety precautions are also taken.
Jumping from here will boost your confidence for higher and more challenging spots. This Recreation and bungee jumping Center offers other rides such as go-karts, bumper cars, mini-golf courses, etc.
- Cost: The price of each ride is determined by a point system. It costs 20 points for a bungee.
- Address: 1125 US-98, Destin, FL 32541, United States.
24. Icarus Bungee Bridges – Northern California
Northern California is home to many magnificent bridges. These bridges can be separately classified for beginners and advanced and experienced bungee jumpers. Icarus Bungee is an independent company that conducts jumps from 15 Northern California bridges. It’s temporarily closed.
Their highest attempted bridge is 220 ft tall. However, the names and locations of these bridges are kept secret to maintain a monopoly. Even past participants are not allowed to share the details of the tour.
- Cost: 139$ for two jumps.
- Address: Northern California, United States.
25. Air Boingo Tower by Zero Gravity – Dallas, Texas
Zero Gravity Theme Park in Dallas is the perfect spot to begin your bungee expeditions. The Air Boingo Tower is made explicitly for bungee jumping with safety and precautions.
It’s 70 feet tall and located in the center of the Metroplex. It aims at providing a fun and safe jump in a controlled environment. The park has other thrilling and exciting rides, but it’s closed now.
Mandalay Canal Walk at Las Colinas, Farmers Branch Historical Park, The Mustangs of Las Colinas Sculptures, Museum and Visitors Center, and Bird’s Fort Trail Park are the nearest attractions.
- Cost: 350$ per person.
- Address: 11131 Malibu Dr, Dallas, TX 75229, United States.
26. Glenn’s Ferry Bridge Bungee Jumping – Idaho
The Glenns Ferry Bridge on King Hill in Glenns Ferry, Idaho, used to be a spectacular bungee jump location. Bungee Expeditions are used to arrange jumps for adventure enthusiasts from this location.
The bridge’s height is 331 ft, and hangs over the Snake River. However, this fantastic location is no longer available for bungee jumps due to changes in state guidelines, and it’s closed now.
- Cost: Various.
- Address: Frontage Rd, Glenns Ferry, ID 83623, United States. Near Balanced Rock Park
27. Dirty Devil Bridge – Utah
The Dirty Devil Bridge in Southern Utah is a sturdy, steel arch bridge. It’s constructed over the Dirty Devil River in the sandstone deserts and canyons. The bridge height is 230 ft.
Lake Powell is located near this bridge. Bungee Expeditions organizes jumps from this spot. Jumping from this bridge in the middle of nowhere will make you feel like a king of the World. It’s closed now. The nearest attractions are Natural Bridges National Monument and Capitol Reef National Park.
- Cost: Varies.
- Address: Utah 95, Lake Powell, UT 84533
28. White Canyon – Utah
White Canyon is located near Dirty Devil, another bungee spot in the land of canyons. The White Canyon is 260 feet tall and is the scariest place to jump from. Now it’s closed for bungee jumping.
The bottom of the bridge is rocks and canyon cliffs, and the bottom part of the canyon is only 30 ft wide. This spot is dangerous and should only be attempted by experienced bungee jumpers. Many people near Salt Lake City, Utah, come to White Canyon and enjoy this exciting game.
- Cost: Not available.
- Address: White Canyon Bridge, Utah 95, Lake Powell, UT 84533
29. Hite Marina Bridge – Utah
The Hite Marina Bridge is constructed over the Colorado River near its meeting point with Lake Powell. It stands at 120 ft and has an arch bridge with a modern architectural design.
The jump is an easy one for novices. On this bridge, you can enjoy the incredible views of canyons and Utah deserts. Due to new federal regulations, jumping from Hite Marina Bridge is no longer allowed. But it’s temporarily closed.
Natural Bridges National Monument, Kachina Bridge, and Forrest Gump Point are the nearest attractions.
- Cost: Various.
- Address: Hite Marina Bridge, Utah 95, Lake Powell, UT 84533, United States.
Find the best Bungee Jumping Spots Near You
Bellow Google Maps helps you to find the nearest Bungee jumping spots.
Bungee Jumping Safety Measures
- It’s necessary to check your body condition before bungee jumping. Any adventure sport is physically demanding, so you should be fit and healthy before jumping.
- People having high blood pressure, heart condition, neurological condition, epilepsy, dizziness, neck, back, leg, or spinal cord injuries should get a doctor’s opinion before jumping.
- Jumpers should weigh 35 kg to 110 kg as it’s considered the safe Bungee Jumping Weight Limit.
- Bungee jumping is harmful to pregnant women.
- Wear comfortable clothes that are neither too loose nor too tight. Remember to tuck in your shirt before so it does not fly up during the jump. Do not wear a skirt or any outfit that might hinder proper harnessing.
- Avoid wearing any accessories such as jewelry or glasses. These can fall off during the jump or cause severe damage to the jumper.
- Bad weather conditions can lead to serious bungee accidents due to low visibility and uncontrollable wind patterns. For these reasons, many companies call off the expedition on such days. Avoid the monsoon or deep winter months when booking your jump.
- Always listen to the instructors and follow their guidance perfectly.
How old do you have to be to go bungee jumping in the USA?
No specific age is determined, but for safety reasons, you must be at least 12 years old, and your body weighs 40 kg to 120 kg.
Can you bungee jump in Arizona?
You can perform bungee jumping in Arizona. Marble Canyon is the only place for bungee jumping in Arizona, and the Grand Canyon Bungee Jump organizes the sport there.
Is bungee jumping legal in California?
Yes, Bungee jumping in California is legal. The Division of Occupational Safety &Health (DOSH) of California provides licenses to bungee jumping Companies performing within California. A company must meet the requirements of DOSH to get a license, which is pretty rigorous in terms of safety protocols.
What is the best place for bungee jumping?
High grounds like towers, bridges, and hillside cliffs are the best places to perform this sport. If you can get a crane, bungee jumping companies will help you organize the sport with it.
There is no shortage of beautiful places and spots to bungee jump in the USA. Each site has its charm, thrill, and beauty. Each jump will take you through a different journey and make it memorable for your lifetime. Here’s to sincerely hope this list will satisfy the adventure bug inside you and take your bungee experiences to new heights.