We two couples visited Shimla Manali for our honeymoon. It’s the most beautiful and best tourist destination in India. So a holiday in Shimla is our first choice. We took Kalka mail from Howrah in April. It’s an 11 days Shimla Kullu Manali tour plan from Kolkata, and it’s two day, two-night journey by train. When we reach Kalka, it’s 4 am and the Shivalik express toy train waiting for us.
Table of Contents
Shimla Kullu Manali tour plan from Kolkata
- Best trip plan for Shimla Kullu Manali – How to visit
- Trip to Shimla Kullu Manali – Tour cost from Kolkata
- Kolkata to Shimla travel – Our Holiday Story
- Reached Shimla, India
- Simla to Manali
- Manali visiting places
- Rohtang pass trip
- Chandigarh sightseeing tour
- Chandigarh tour by bus
- Pinjore garden in Chandigarh
- How to go Simla Kullu Manali from kolkata by train
- Shimla toy train Idea hack
- Shimla Kullu Manali tour plan – Remember in 2021
Shimla Kullu Manali tour plan from Kolkata
Kolkata to Simla distance is 1834 km by train and Simla to Manali distance 248 km by car. The normal temperature is 12 degrees in April. In return, we are not back again in Kalka via Simla (In the same way), so we have added Chandigarh to our plan.
18 April–KALKA MAIL–time–7:40 pm–a departure from Howrah. 20th April toy train Shivalik express (5:00 am) is a departure from Kalka station (toy trains start earlier, please check in IRCTC). Toy train tickets also can buy earlier from the Indian railway.
Last day we spent in Chandigarh. Because return again via Simla and Kalka is just a time-killing matter for me, instead of going back to Simla and Kalka, I choose to move to a new destination. We stay in Simla for two days, Manali for four days and Chandigarh for two days.
Go with Pandal of Durga Puja in Kolkata
Best trip plan for Shimla Kullu Manali – How to visit
- Day – 1 and Day -2: Train journey Howrah–9 no platform at 7:40 pm, and train journey continued the 2nd day.
- Day – 3: Arrive at Kalka at 4:30 am and went to Simla by toy train at 5:00 am, arrive at Simla at 10:00 am & check-in to hotel and rest. Enjoy in the mall, Kali Mandir, State Museum, buy cookies and drink in evening 3:30 pm–also book a small car for next day local side seen and booking for Manali.
- Day – 4: Local side saw at Simla- Chadwick Falls, Jakhoo Temple, Sankat Mochan, Tara Devi, Fagu, Kufri, Zoo.
- Day – 5: Check out Simla at 6 am and go for Manali -distance-260km. Check-in at Manali at night, including Manikaran (It’s on the way) and Sundar Nagar lake. Our hotel near Club House and in front of the Beas river. Note – Best Bengali food available in Gumpha hotel.
- Day – 6: Local side seen 7 am -Hidimba Devi temple, Jagatsukh, Kothi, Manu temple, Mountaineering Institute, Nehru Kund, Basistha muni ashram Rahala waterfalls, Naggar fort, Kulu temple, village side temple and Beas river by footsteps.
- Day – 7: Morning at 5 am Rohtang pass, adventurer game at Solang valley and return to Manali market.
- Day – 8: The next day, we eat a lot of local food, hire a small car for Kulu, and book a Volvo bus for Chandigarh at night.
- Day – 9: The added place of Shimla Kullu Manali tour plan – Good Morning @Chandigarh.
- Day – 10: All-day activity in Chandigarh by Chandigarh tourism bus. Visit the rose garden, rock garden, Sukna Lake, and museum, etc. Therefore, we took the train from Chandigarh.
- Day 11 and 12: Full day train and return at Howrah at 11:30 am -29 April.
Trip to Shimla Kullu Manali – Tour cost from Kolkata
|Tour budget four-person||Indian Rupees|
|toy train fair||1120|
|Food for 11 days||12000|
|Cab cost Simla to Manali||14500|
|Bus fare for Chandigarh||2600|
|For 4 person||76260|
|For 1 person||19065 rupees|
Kolkata to Shimla travel – Our Holiday Story
If you think about travelling to India, then spending holidays in Shimla come to mind first. It was a dream mountain destination for me. We took “Kalka mail” from Howrah. It’s a two days 2-night, wonderful journey. Shimla Manali best time to visit is in April month of our choice. But you can visit anytime throughout the year.
We reach Kalka at 4 am and want to take the Sibalik express toy train for Simla. While we entered the Kalka station we saw, many people were boarding the same toy train. Now it became similar to a local train.
Also, we don’t have a reserved ticket for the same, because IRCTC not confirms that, hence the ticket checker gave us an extraordinary idea, as per his idea same time we bought a general ticket for rupees 20 and converted it as a reserved ticket which was charged around 350 rupees.
Shivalik express, a very good toy train and I have to say the journey was speechless. At the station “Barog” they provide breakfast which was included with the ticket. It’s one of the best luxury tours by train.
From Kalka to Simla, it was a 4 hours journey. After reaching Simla, we took a cab (100 rupees and a 5 minutes journey) for the lift station, and from there, we went up to Shimla mall road by lift. It’s less time to reach mall road and cost-effective.
Reached Shimla, India
We reached our hotel and took some rest, and finished our lunch at the hotel. In the evening we went to the mall it’s also called the ridge Shimla and bought some socks, a shawl etc.
We also booked a car for the next day local sightseeing and bought food for dinner. In Shima restaurant, Gupta hotel is very cheap and good, but they serve only veg food.
The next morning, we went to Green Valley, Jahku temple, Fagu, Kufri, Zoo, Chinese park, ‘Sankat Mochan’ temple, and returning to the hotel. Kufri was very bright, and the sky colour was deep blue. 110 ft Hanuman Ji is the special attraction in Jakhu temple, which is viewable anywhere in Simla.
Read about Bankura Bishnupur Mukutmanipur Tour
Simla to Manali
After a good sleep, we wake up in the morning we are immediately out to Manali. Shimla to Kullu-Manali is one of the most popular road trip routes in India. We finished our breakfast at a Dhaba and started our journey. The ups and down of the hill area can feel by anybody. We finished our lunch at a roadside hotel also buy juice from the govt juice centre. It’s a 250 KM journey by car.
In the same way, we went for Manikaran (the hot bath is available here ). We reached Manali at 10 pm and check in to our hotel. It is beside the Beas river, and we saw an excellent water flooding view from our window.
You can visit Simla Manali throughout the year, but June (worm whether) to February (snowfall) is the best time to visit.
Manali visiting places
The next day we first visit Hirimba Mata temple, Basista Muni ashram (the hot bath is available), Nehru Kund, Manu temple and return to Manali mall road. Gumpha monastery was there.
Bengali hotel, most of the hotel staff are Bengali. We finished our dinner with Bengali food and returned to our hotel. The next day, we were going for what we are waiting for, which means Rohtang pass and Sangla valley. For tourist information visit here.
Rohtang pass trip
All-day activity in ice done here, and we spent the whole morning there. A lot of adventure rides like paragliding in Rohtang pass, skiing at Rohtang pass are very exciting. Anyone can directly come from Shimla to Rohtang pass is 300 km.
We got up early and went for Rohtang pass. As it’s a single and narrow road, you should hurry for the Car parking. Also, there are lots of locals ready to rent on the spot.
We again went to the mall to buy saffron Kaju, etc., from a reputed shop and finished dinner at Ghumpha hotel in the evening.
On the last day in Manali, we go for Nagar fort, Tibetian monastery, Buddhist monastery, Gayatri Mandir, swale factory, Mata Vaishno Devi temple at Kullu etc. and buying some good quality woollen garments from Kullu.
All the Simla and Manali tours were completed this day. Therefore, that day night, we go to Chandigarh by Volvo bus.
Chandigarh sightseeing tour
In the early morning, we reach Chandigarh, and we book a hotel instantly there. The full-day we are moving in the city and buying big size t-shirt at sector 22 Good quality normal use garment products are there.
The temperature is very different from Manali; it’s almost 35-degree in Chandigarh. We drink lots of juice/shake there.
Go with Puri Tourism Guide
Chandigarh tour by bus
The next day we visit Chandigarh tourism development corporation office and book our last tour with Chandigarh tour bus, 55 rupees per head. We visit the museum, Rose garden, Santi Kung, rock garden, Sukna lake etc. Moreover, the main attraction is the rock garden and Sukna lake(boating is available) in Chandigarh. At night we took the train from Chandigarh and return to Howrah.
Pinjore garden in Chandigarh
While coming from Simla and reach Chandigarh, you can visit Pinjore garden or Yadavindra garden. After many years of Mughals king of Patiala, Maharaj Amar Singh reopened the garden. Mughal architecture is awesome.
It’s under Panchkula Zilla in Haryana State. This Mughal garden is approx 22 km away from Chandigarh. You can see a small zoo, garden and playing area for kids here. You can add this place to your Shimla Kullu Manali tour plan.
How to go Simla Kullu Manali from kolkata by train
Please note, no direct train is available for Simla Kullu Manali. Kalka mail from Howrah reach Kalka. After, take the toy train or share a car/ bus to reach Simla.
Shimla toy train Idea hack
Kalka to Simla, we convert local tickets to reserve tickets by help with the ticket checker. That will help us to get the Shivalik express toy train.
We added an extra trip to Chandigarh from Manali.
Shimla Kullu Manali tour plan – Remember in 2021
- We Booked a car for the entire tour from Simla, which is cast 11000 for three days. We bear the one-night stay cost for the driver, which is included with the car package. But in Manali, there are lots of cars available.
- When we came from Simla to Manali, we went for Manikaran on the same journey, we reached too late at the hotel, around 11 pm.
- Buy saffron only from reputed shops. Try to find this shop in the mall market.
- Rohtang pass, there are lots of locals ready to rent the dress on the spot.
- Simla Zoo is a time taken place.
Shima Kulu Manali Shopping Guide
In Simla, we buy a few good shocks, blankets etc. There is a market around the mall. We buy a few fruit juice from the Himachal Govt juice centre on the journey from Simla to Manali. In Kullu, we buy some sweaters, shawls from the shawl factory. In Manali, we buy some saffron, dry apricot, apple pickle from a reputed shop in Manali mall market, and Chandigarh sector 22 we buy some t-shirt (big size & good quality).
In all the locations, “Paratha” is common. Various types of “Parathas are available”. In Chandigarh, juice/shake lassies are available on every corner with a big-sized glass/mug.
At the top of the Rohtang pass, we eat hot Maggi. All over Simla and Manali, this kind of food is available.
Excluding all the dresses, we carry gloves, socks, caps, a knife, a small amount of rope, moisturizer cream, a multipurpose plug, a small torch etc.
In addition to please contact the hotel two days before the date of the journey & always carry an identity card.
How can I plan a trip to Shimla Kullu Manali?
Plan which month you want to go to 2. Make your budget 3. Arrange a minimum of 11 days for this vacation if you are planning from Kolkata.
Which month is best for Shimla and Manali?
You can avoid the winter season between November to January(snowfall time). Other months are perfect to visit Shimla and Manali.
Which is better Manali or Shimla?
You can avoid the winter season between November to January(snowfall time). Other months are perfect for visiting Shimla and Manali.
Where we can find snow in Manali?
You can play with snow in Rohtang pass and Solang valley.
Can I spot booking a hotel in Manali in the season of April?
Yes, you can do that. At this time, the average room rent is around 1000 to 1500 rupees (for pre-booking). March to May is the high season in Manali.