Ellesmere Food Festival is a two-day event held on the father’s day weekend in June. This year it’s held for two days on the 18th and 19th of June 2022. The vibrant atmosphere led to the inception of this Food and Drink Festival festival. The event in North Shropshire helps local producers and food business owners gain a significant boost in their sales by showcasing their products.
These traders have been in business in the area for multiple generations. The festival exhibits a spectacular variety of food. Different street food items constitute a significant part of the festival. You can also taste a diverse range of cuisines from Chinese to German, Indian, Korean, and traditional English.
The festival has been organized and run by Lincoln McMullan and Juliet Devereaux since its beginning in 2006. Visiting this magnificent event with friends and family will be absolute summer entertainment.
Table of Contents
- Ellesmere Food Festival Date and Timings
- Ellesmere Food Festival Tickets and Booking
- Location & Address for Ellesmere Food Festival
- How to reach – The Nearest Landmark
- Ellesmere Food Festival Parking
- Types of Foods In Ellesmere Food and Drink Festival
- What to wear to the Ellesmere Food Festival?
- What’s on offer at this year’s Ellesmere Food and Drink Festival?
- Exhibitors at Ellesmere Food and Drink Festival
- About Ellesmere
- Ellesmere Events
Ellesmere Food Festival Date and Timings
The Food Festival will be held for two days on the 18th and 19th of June 2022. The festivities will begin at 10 am and go on until 4 pm on both days.
Ellesmere Food Festival Tickets and Booking
Entry to the food festival is free to all. Pay for your food and drinks and enjoy.
Location & Address for Ellesmere Food Festival
Ellesmere Food Festival is held every year at the Market Hall in the town.
Address: Scotland St, Ellesmere, Shropshire SY12 0 England.
How to reach – The Nearest Landmark
A trip from London to Ellesmere takes three and a half hours by car. It’s the fastest mode of transportation between the two regions. Most travellers, however, prefer to reach Shrewsbury beforehand and travel to Ellesmere from there. You can complete the journey in a mere half an hour duration.
Ellesmere Food Festival Parking
A special parking lot is allocated for this festival.
Types of Foods In Ellesmere Food and Drink Festival
- Fresh fruits and vegetables
- Various types of cheese
- Homemade chocolates
- Tea and coffee
- German sausages
- Different types of Pies
- Gelatos and ice creams
- Barbequed meat
- Ciders and many more
What to wear to the Ellesmere Food Festival?
Like the Reepham Food Festival, The festival is held mainly in an open arena in the summer. Thus, pick out your best summer outfit for the weekend. Wearing something light and fluffy will help you beat the heat. Visiting a fiesta of this much grandeur involves a lot of walking. Opt for comfortable shoes like sneakers for a relaxing visit.
What’s on offer at this year’s Ellesmere Food and Drink Festival?
The entry to the festival is free all this year, and it is the primary offer at Ellesmere Food and Drink Festival 2022.
Exhibitors at Ellesmere Food and Drink Festival
A significant number of local and outside traders put up stalls to exhibit their food items every year. A few of the popular exhibitors are mentioned below.
- Roberts Country Fayre: It’s a family-owned business establishment selling delectable pies for generations. Their uniqueness resides in the handmade finishing of each product.
- The Rustic Cooks Sausages: The Rustic Cook brings different preparations of sausages. Their range of recipes is collected from around the world. Cooks use an authentic cooker from the 1960s to bring out that rustic flavour in his creations.
- Sherbert Evans: The caravan from Sherbert Evans will be your place of escape during the festival. This shop serves an organic and natural version of the Italian gelatos and ice creams. It’s a perfect spot to satisfy the summer needs for an excellent ice cream scoop.
- Orchard Pigs: Orchard Pigs is a well-known bakery outlet in North Wales. Their range of food items includes bread, cakes, biscuits, pork pies, scotch eggs, sausage rolls and quiches. They only work with fresh local ingredients.
- Carslake Tea: The Carslake Tea is your one-stop destination for all things related to tea. Their product range includes loose tea leaves, teapots, tea infusers and accessories. It’s a family-owned business that takes extra care of product quality over quantity.
- The Butcher’s Son: A food festival is incomplete without barbecued meat. The Butcher’s Son wonderfully satisfies this requirement through their barbecue stall. The food here is prepared on wood and coal according to the customer’s preference.
Ellesmere is a quintessentially English town near the Welsh border built around the Mere. The place is an excellent spot for fishing and boating.
The vibrant Ellesmere market is something to look forward to. It’s known for fresh local produce, delicious foods, crafts and antiques.
Ellesmere is a happening spot throughout the year. Events and various activities happen here all the time. The different events that take place in this town are as follows:
1. Food and Drink Festival – June
The food and drink festival is the ultimate summer celebration in this town. People enjoy a weekend of good food and drinks with friends and families to signify the beginning of the season.
2. Rotary Regatta – July
The Rotary Club of Ellesmere hosts the Rotary Regatta every year. It’s an Annual Bell Boat Regatta organized at the Mere. Exciting boat races are arranged for people of all ages. Other attractions like Inflatable Assault Course, Climbing Wall, live music and children’s games arena are also organized at the Regatta site. This event attracts a crowd of more than 2000 people.
3. Summer Festival – August
The Ellesmere Summer Festival is a three-day extravaganza to celebrate the spirit of summer. The festivities include setting up a craft market at the Market Hall, Real Ale Beer Festival at the White Hart Inn, exhibitions, workshops and many more exciting events.
4. The Carnival – August
The Ellesmere Carnival is the city’s event of the year. It’s a fun event for citizens as well as people from outside. A traditional parade marks the beginning of the festivities. Live entertainment adorns the city streets throughout the day. Various food stalls and gift and craft shops are also set up.
5. Triathlon – September
Sports play an essential part in the development of a person and society. The Shropshire Triathlon held at The Mere, Cremorne Gardens urges the sports lovers of Ellesmere and the United Kingdom to indulge in a day of exercising and excitement. Participants for this event need to register individually to take part.
6. Winter Festival – November
The winter festival celebrates the Christmas spirit with some delicious food and beautiful lanterns. The event is held at the Market Hall usually in late November. Christmas markets and lantern decorations are the main attraction of this festival.
Ellesmere Food Festival is set to come back with even more extravaganza for its 16th year. After the setback from the pandemic visiting, this food festival is the perfect summer outing for you and your loved ones. The occasion of Father’s day makes it even more remarkable. Bring your dads with you and celebrate this special day with some soul food and happy drinks.