So, How to reach Digha from Kolkata? The distance is 184 km through NH 116B, and the time takes 5-hour approx. Train and SBSTC and CSTC bus services are frequently available to reach Digha. It’s the most famous trip from Kolkata. You can visit many Tourist Places In Digha.
Digha is well-connected by railway & roadways and easily accessible from Kolkata, and the distance is 183 km. Every day Trains left from Howrah station.
You can take Volvo Bus/ordinary bus from Dharmatala or Esplanade, Garia, Ultadanga, and other places to reach the Digha bus stand. Buses reached Old Digha Bus Stop. The travel time is 4-5 hours. After arriving at the drop point, you must take a rickshaw to your hotel.
How to reach Digha from Kolkata By Bus, Train, or Car Quickly
Digha from Kolkata by train
- Take the Tamralipta Express (12857) from Howrah around 6:50 am and reach Digha. It’s the most famous train.
- Howrah Digha super AC express Departs at 11:10 and reaches Digha at 14:20.
- Another option to reach Digha instantly is to take the train from Santragachi station.
- This local train called “Santragachi-Mecheda local” runs every day. It departs from Santragachi at 6:10 am and reaches Mecheda station at 07:50 am. After, the train name changed to “Mecheda-Digha local “. It comes to Digha at 10:55 am. The fare is 40 rupees only.
Howrah to Digha train ticket price
Train fare (Howrah): 80-140 (depending upon trains and reservations).
Kolkata to Digha bus by Bus
Government and private buses and Volvo AC buses regularly visit Digha from Kolkata Esplanade, Garia, Ultadanga, Barrackpore, etc. Esplanade bus stand or Dharmatala is the hub where you can get a bus within 1-hour intervals for Digha. Kolkata to Digha Volvo AC bus service from esplanade is available.
Bus fare from Kolkata to Digha West Bengal
The government bus fare from Kolkata to Digha is 145 rupees non-ac, and AC VOLVO is 370.00 rupees (recommend travelling by Govt. bus, 100% on-time). Private buses like Redbus charge between 250 to 300 rupees.
CSTC bus service from Kolkata to Digha timetable
How to reach Digha from Kolkata By Car
Take the 2nd Hooghly bridge towards Santragachi station if you come in a car. Via Kolaghat, Nandakumar, and Contai reach Digha by road by 5 hours from Kolkata.
Return from Digha train and Bus
- Morning 6:45 am Digha-Panskura local. After reaching Panskura, a frequent Panskura local train for Howrah is available.
- Another option is 11:15 am Digha- Mecheda local. But remember, as it is a local train, there is no toilet.
- Take Tamralipta Express at 10:35 am to reach Howrah.
- Paharia Express 17:25 is reaching Howrah at 9:30 pm.
- Regular Bus service (Public/private) from Esplanade and other Govt buses Depo.