Thrift stores are shops where you can buy second-hand goods at a highly discounted price. Stores like these sell clothing, furniture, household items, and electronic appliances. There are various thrift stores in and around Michigan that sell these things. These stores offer shopping experiences at an affordable price range for everyone. These second-hand goods stores help people save money as well as a delectable shopping experience.
These establishments promote sustainability by reducing waste and supporting local communities. Michigan has many thrift stores, each with its unique selection of items and charitable causes. While exploring these stores, you will get all the benefits of value shopping in return for keeping the environment intact.
List of 20 High-End Thrift Stores In Michigan
1. Goodwill Store – Grand Rapids, Michigan
Goodwill Industries is a well-known brand in thrift shops and has many prosperous outlets in Grand Rapids. The store is renowned for its orderly structure, making it simple for customers. Goodwill also helps people get jobs by providing them with skill assessment, training, job search, and interview preparation. They have various programs and training opportunities to help everyone get jobs and become independent.
At this shop, it is easy to find unique clothing, jewelry accessories, furniture, and various household items. Most of the goods here are put in big, regularly rotated containers. Some products are offered at considerable discounts. Coupons, rewards, online shopping, and donating are the additional services provided at Goodwill stores.
- Hours: Monday- Saturday from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm, Sunday- from 11:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- Contact: 616-532-4200
- Best Selling Items: Pre-owned clothes, Footwear, Books, DVDs.
- Nearby Attractions: Grand Rapids Public Museum, Fish Ladder Park.
Address: 956 Michigan St NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503, United States
2. Plato’s Closet East Lansing – East Lansing, MI
Plato’s Closet East Lansing is a chain retailer thrift store selling and buying second-hand items. At Plato’s, you can recycle the stuff that is no longer used and get paid right away. They buy and sell worn clothing, shoes, and accessories gently. All of these products are available on their brand website as well.
This store allows buying thrift clothes at 70 percent off mall prices daily, without an appointment. As local entrepreneurs run it, there are diverse choices regarding quality colors and fabric. Plato’s extended items include shoes, accessories, and winter wear. Events occasionally happen here to provide the best deals of the season.
- Hours: Monday- Saturday from 10:00 am to 9:00 pm, Sunday from 11:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- Contact: 269-249-4472
- Best Selling Items: Shirts, Hats, Bags, Perfume.
- Nearby Attractions: Michigan 4-H Children’s Garden, Harris Nature Center.
Address: 2825 E Grand River Ave, East Lansing, MI 48823
3. Value World Thrift Store – Warren, Michigan
Value World Thrift Store is a family-owned business operating for the past 64 years. They provide reasonably priced, gently worn things to assist the neighborhood. Currently, there are nine active outlets of the store in Michigan.
Each shop has a sizable assortment of products and sells reasonably. Value World Thrift purchases and sells goods from various suppliers, including local recycling programs, charitable institutions, and other shops.
Their collection has an extensive list of quality products like clothing and housewares. Value World Thrift provides VIP club passes that guarantee additional discounts on purchases. It’s one of the best clothing thrift stores in Michigan.
- Hours: Monday- Saturday from 10:00 am to 9:00 pm, Sunday from 12:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- Contact: 734-728-4610
- Best Selling Items: Oversized clothes, Branded T-Shirts, Housegoods.
- Nearby Attractions: Detroit Zoo, Red Oaks Nature Center.
Address: 2001 E Eleven Mile Rd, Warren, MI 48092, USA
4. Kiwanis Thrift Sale – Ann Arbor, Michigan
Kiwanis Thrift Store is a non-profit organization. They also host the biggest thrift sale in town. The shop’s item range is sizeable; they have everything from furniture, antiques, apparel, jewelry, athletic apparel, and crafts. Their music and book collection is something to look out for.
There are both brand-new and lightly worn items. It’s the ideal spot to purchase excellent rates on used appliances, office furniture, apparel, and household essentials. Every week, Kiwanis change the merchandise that directly reflects the showcased collections.
This store generously accepts donations of used clothes. They always welcome volunteers with open arms. The money they earn from here goes to help the community. Kiwanis Thrift Sale helps students with scholarship, gifts and provide support to children and their families.
- Hours: Open only Friday and Saturday from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm.
- Contact: 734-368-9738
- Best Selling Items: Electronics, Furniture, Sporting goods, exercise equipment.
- Nearby Attractions: The Creature Conservancy, University of Michigan Museum of Natural History.
Address: 100 N. Staebler Rd. Suite C Ann Arbor, MI, US 48103.
5. Grace Centers of Hope Thrift Store – Warren, MI
Grace Centers of Hope Thrift Store Warren is a non-profit organization. The thrift shop functions as a social enterprise that helps Grace Centers of Hope fulfill its goal of offering comprehensive rehabilitation for the local homeless.
Grace Centers of Hope Thrift Store is another good place to thrift. This store has been up and running for 80 years; the other locations of Grace centers are Warren, Sterling Heights, Oak Park, and Waterford.
The thrift store delivers high-quality shoes, clothing, accessories, furniture, home decor, etc. Grace Centers of Hope customers not only purchase quality items at an affordable price but also help out the community. The shop takes gently worn clothes, furniture, and household goods.
- Hours: Monday- Saturday from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm.
- Contact: 586-582-9334
- Best Selling items: Household goods, decoratives, clothes.
- Nearby Attractions: Detroit Zoo, Detroit Historical Museum.
Address: 26740 Dequindre Rd, Warren, MI 48091.
6. Ann Arbor PTO Thrift Shop – Ann Arbor, MI
The Ann Arbor PTO Thrift Shop is a charitable organization located in Michigan. A group of volunteers runs this shop. The sales revenue supports the Public Schools and Parent Teacher Associations. It’s one of the largest thrift stores in Michigan.
The thrift store offers various discounts on their range of products. They also have a specific color of the week, where shoppers get extra discounts on specific colors. The store has pristine-conditioned clothes, household items, books, footwear, etc.
Community members and local businesses donate the merchandise. Their volunteers carefully sort and organize it to ensure it is easy to find and in good condition. The Ann Arbor Thrift has steadfastly dedicated itself to sustainability and waste minimization.
- Hours: Thursday- Sunday from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm, Monday- Wednesday closed.
- Contact: 734-996-9155
- Best Selling Items: Paintings, books, toys, housewares, clothes.
- Nearby Attractions: Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum and Leslie Science & Nature Center, Gallup Park.
Address: 2280 S Industrial Hwy, Ann Arbor, MI 48104
7. St. Vincent de Paul Thrift Store – Madison Heights, MI
This thrift store is a part of the St. Vincent De Paul Society, a Catholic organization. Their mission is to help needy people by assisting them. The money they earn from the store directly goes out to help the community.
The store offers affordable second-hand clothing, household goods, and electronics. All the items go through a quality check and then occur on the aisle. Individuals and organizations in the community donate the items.
The store offers recycling services for items such as electronics and textiles. They also organize events to give more discounts on items. This thrift store has four other locations in Utica, Waterford, Detroit, and Marysville.
- Hours: Monday- Saturday from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm, Sunday from 11:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- Contact: 248-206-5644
- Best Selling Items: Lamps, Shelves, Clothing, Rugs, Furniture.
- Nearby Attractions: Detroit Zoo, Starr Jaycee Park.
Address: 28720 Stephenson Hwy, Madison Heights, MI 48071
8. Nice Twice Resale Shoppe Inc – Grandville, Michigan
Nice Twice Resale Shoppe is a locally owned business that started in 2004. The shop was established to raise money to help with the tuition of Grandville Calvin Christian Schools. It is now a booming upmarket resale location that offers gently used home goods, furniture, toys, apparel, and shoes.
There is a “boutique” within the shop that sells designer clothing. The store carefully selects and inspects every item sold, ensuring it is in good condition and will last a long time.
The store’s spacious and well-organized layout makes shopping a breeze. Along with clearly marked sections and ample space between racks, you can easily navigate the store.
- Hours: Monday from 11:00 am to 6:00 pm, Tuesday to Saturday from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- Contact: 616-249-2020
- Best Selling Items: Crockery, Furniture, Housewares, Women’s clothing.
- Nearby Attractions: Grand Rapids Public Museum, Frog Hollow.
Address: 2852 28th Street, SW, Grandville, MI 49418.
9. Revive – Hudsonville, Michigan
Revive is a non-profit second-hand shop that provides high-quality thrift items. Numerous devoted volunteers support it with the gifts of the local community. The store promotes recycling and reducing waste by repurposing donated items and diverting them from landfills.
They offer a variety of items, including clothing, furniture, sporting equipment, home décor, and children’s products. Revive aims to give customers a quality shopping experience at meager costs. The items sold in the store are all donated by community members. Online shopping and being a volunteer is also an option here.
- Hours: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm, Tuesday & Thursday from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm, and Saturday from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- Contact: 616-662-3375
- Best Selling Items: Swimwear, Skirts, Capris, Toy Cars, Trucks, Ride on Toys.
- Nearby Attractions: Hudsonville Nature Center, The Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum.
Address: 3675 Baldwin St. Hudsonville, MI 49426
10. Volunteers of America Thrift Store – Westland, MI
Volunteers of America is a non-profit organization. They help veterans, seniors, and people in need. They are one of the oldest organizations helping the community. The proceeds from their thrift store sales directly go to their various social service initiative.
They put up around 3000 new things for purchase every day. The thrift store offers various sale opportunities to get products at a good discount. Here, you can find furniture, jewels, shoes, sportswear, clothes, linen, etc., way lower than their original price.
They have also provided the option of online shopping from the website. This store has opened up six outlets in Michigan: Lansing West, Lansing South, Burton, Corunna, Westland, and Saginaw.
- Hours: Monday- Saturday from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm, Sunday from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm.
- Contact: 734-452-7220
- Best Selling Items: Knick-knacks, Clothes, Housewares.
- Nearby Attractions: Hines Park, Kellogg Park.
Address: 34800 Warren Rd, Westland, MI 48185
11. Ditto Upscale Resale – Holland, Michigan
Ditto Upscale Resale is a unique thrift store that offers high-end products. Since its launch, the store has become a popular destination because of its vast collection of stylish, sustainable fashion. Here, you will get trends on a budget along with wide varieties.
Their specialty lies in their vintage goodies. Ditto takes donated vintage items and restores them to their previous glory. At Ditto, you can find rare collectibles and vintage goods easily.
The store is big and has a modern vibe to it. They keep furniture sets on beautiful displays. Shoppers can get help from volunteers here to find what they seek. The store also has special discounts for Military personnel, students, and senior citizens. They also have a variety of sale offers. Buyers can get notified about these offers via social media, text, or mail.
- Hours: Monday- Friday from 10:00 am to 6:30 pm, Saturday from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- Contact: 616-396-8870
- Best Selling Items: Women’s Clothing, Oversized apparel, jewelry.
- Nearby Attractions: Centennial Park, Windmill Island Gardens.
Address: 571 E. 8th St. Holland, MI 49423
12. Regeneration New-Used Clothing – Pleasant Ridge, MI
Regeneration New-Used Clothing is a cozy thrift store specializing only in clothing. This shop has an inclusive list of styles and fashion. They have clothes to match the taste of everyone. Whether a customer is looking for gently used clothing or retro, vintage, they can find it all in here.
The interior of Regeneration is bright and welcoming, with racks and displays organized by category and size. The employees give out personal styling services, which allow customers to receive personalized fashion advice and recommendations. The shop has created a name by selling fashionable clothing for men, women, and children.
The Store offers special sales throughout the month. Clothes that they don’t buy you can be donated to The Capuchin Soup Kitchen.
- Hours: Monday- Tuesday from 12:00 pm to 7:00 pm, Wednesday- Saturday from 11:00 am to 7:00 pm, and Sunday from 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
- Contact: 248-414-7440
- Best Selling Items: Branded clothing, fast fashion jewelry, vintage clothing, etc.
- Nearby Attractions: Detroit Zoo, Arctic Ring of Life – Polar Bear & Sea Otter.
Address: 23700 Woodward Avenue, Pleasant Ridge, MI 48069
13. Challenge Mountain Resale Store – Boyne City, MI
Challenge Mountain Resale Store is a locally owned thrift store. They fulfill customers’ expectations and keep them coming back for more. Everything is here, whether you are seeking a treasure or gently used furniture, clothing, household items, sporting equipment, or toys. More than 40 volunteers serve people to select the correct item.
The store offers various items, from designer clothing and accessories to furniture and home decor. The price offered by the store is very generous and economical. Frequent sales opportunities make the shopping experience more enjoyable.
In addition to providing affordable and high-quality merchandise, Challenge Mountain Resale Store also serves as a hub for the community. Challenge Mountain thrift stores help the organization in community outreach programs. They have scheduled various events for people with disabilities.
- Hours: Monday- Saturday from 9:30 am to 5:30 pm.
- Contact: 231-582-6966
- Best Selling Items: Outdoor equipment, books, sporting goods, furniture.
- Nearby Attractions: Avalanche Preserve, SkyBridge Michigan.
Address: 1100 Boyne Avenue, Boyne City, MI 49712
14. Women’s Resource Center Thrift – Traverse City, MI
Women’s Resource Center Thrift was founded in 1975. It is a progressive initiative towards women who suffered domestic and sexual violence. The thrift store profit goes directly to the women of abuse to help and nurture them.
There are ample amounts of clothes and accessories. The stock of the thrift is ever-changing according to the season. All the items in the racks are carefully organized and of high quality yet affordable.
The shop setting is cozy and comfortable, with humble employees meeting your needs. Customers can volunteer as well to work with this organization. There is another outlet in the South Airport area.
- Hours: Monday- Saturday from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm, Sunday from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Contact: 231-946-4180
- Best Selling Items: Women’s clothing, Artwork, Furniture.
- Nearby Attractions: Clinch Park, Historic Barns Park.
Address: 3030 N US Highway 31 S & 1331 S. Airport Road Traverse City, MI
15. New Way YFC Thrift Store – Kalamazoo, Michigan
New Way YFC Thrift Store is a sustainable thrift store offering affordable prices for gently used clothing, accessories, home goods, and furniture. All the profit goes towards supporting the New Way Youth Ministry. It is a non-profit organization that provides programs and services for young people in the local community.
The store is staffed by young volunteers whom the New Way Youth Ministry has helped. The inventory of the New Way YFC Thrift Store is arranged and sorted to make it simple for clients to browse. The shop sells appliances, books, clothing, textiles, furniture, electronic games, etc., in gently used condition.
The store offers goods at affordable prices. They also offer discounted prices on their items from time to time. The option of selling your items and volunteering is also available.
- Hours: Tuesday- Friday from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm, Saturday from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm, Sunday & Monday closed.
- Contact: 269-343-7108
- Best Selling Items: Housewares, Tables, Men clothing.
- Nearby Attractions: Kalamazoo Valley Museum, Bronson Park.
Address: 211 East Cork Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49001
16. Ebb Tide Resale Shop – Traverse City, MI
The Ebb Tide Resale Shop provides an array of previously loved items at an affordable rate. This 30-year-old Shop always offers high-quality apparel for men and women, home products, books, bedding, etc. They buy and sell gently used items.
Inside, you will find a well-organized and inviting space with racks of clothing sorted by size and style. Their stock is ever-changing, which allows customers to access new and updated products. Avon products are also represented here, such as books. Events and sales happen consistently to provide additional discounts on products.
- Hours: Monday- Thursday from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm, Friday – Saturday from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- Contact: 231-935-1600
- Best Selling Products: Crockeries, Women’s Jeans, Blazers, Accessories.
- Nearby Attractions: Clinch Park, Hippie Tree.
Address: 2048 South Airport Rd West Traverse City, MI, US 49684
17. Pak Ratz Thrift Shop – Marquette, MI
Pak Ratz Thrift Shop is a charitable second-hand shop. They have diverse items, including clothing, household items, furniture, and collectibles. Most of the store’s earnings are donated to the Harbour Hou in the community.
The clothing section offers a variety of apparel for men, women, and children. They also sell furniture, kitchenware, etc. You can get affordable and trendy things here.
Additionally, the store has a collectibles section that features vinyl records. Occasional sales happen here monthly to provide add-on discounts.
- Hours: Monday, Friday, 7 Saturday from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm, Tuesday- Thursday from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- Contact: 906-225-1103
- Best Selling Products: T-shirts, Shoes, Shrugs, Hats.
- Nearby Attractions: Marquette Harbor Lighthouse, Presque Isle Park.
Address: 1310 S Front St Marquette, MI, US 49855
18. Trouve Boutique Resale – Shelby Township, MI
Trouve Boutique is a charming boutique known for its stylish selection of pre-loved women’s clothing and accessories. The store is beautifully decorated with carefully curated displays of products, making it easy to browse. They buy and sell the best quality items.
The boutique only accepts items in excellent condition, ensuring that every piece in the store is stylish and functional. The owner of the store has a keen eye for details and materials. You can get brands like Ann Taylor, J. Crew, Bebe, and BCBG. Trouve Boutique offers constant discounts and offers as well.
- Hours: Monday- Friday from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm, Saturday from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- Contact: 586-884-6559
- Best Selling Products: Prom dresses, Handbags, Jewelry, Designer clothing.
- Nearby Attractions: Stony Creek Metropark, Burgess-Shadbush Nature Center.
Address: 51774 Van Dyke Ave, Shelby Township, MI 48316, United States
19. Community Thrift Store – Clinton Twp, MI
Community Thrift Store is a large second-hand shop that offers various gently-used items. The store is well-organized and clean, with items sorted by category and easy to browse. Whether searching for vintage clothing, antique furniture, or everyday household items, there is everything a customer desires.
Thousands of new things arrive every day with bargains on high-quality items. You can discover kitchenware, small appliances, toys, books, electronics, and more here. 50% daily discount, monthly discounts, and inside ATMs are major attractions at Community Thrift.
- Hours: Monday- Saturday from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- Contact: 586-468-6276
- Best Selling Products: Armchairs, Dining tables, Handbags, Blazers.
- Nearby Attractions: George George Memorial Park, Selfridge Military Air Museum.
Address: 37545 S Gratiot Ave Clinton Township, MI, US 48036
20. Double Edge Thrift Shop – Traverse City, MI
Double Edge Thrift Shop is a spacious store buying and selling second-hand items. The store helps Traverse City Christian School with its proceedings. They sell clothing items, furniture, toys, games, books, and electronics at a budget-friendly rate.
From work outfits to casual wear, there is an array of choices. House decor, photo frames, electronics, everything is available here at an affordable price. They organize weekend sales to give much better offers. Moreover, every spent penny at Double Edge is forwarded to a Christian school.
- Hours: Monday- Friday from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm, Saturday from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Contact: 231-421-5757
- Best Selling Products: Dresses, Crockeries, Pants, Shoes.
- Nearby Attractions: Clinch Park, Great Lakes Children’s Museum.
Address: 1781 S Garfield Ave Traverse City, MI, US 49686
Find Thrift Shops Near You
The thrift stores in Michigan provide a rewarding shopping experience. The stores here give more than a shopping experience. Buying from these thrift stores, you are indirectly helping organizations provide a better life for impoverished people. The thrift shops of Michigan are all standing for a better cause; some give job assistance, some help women, and some help students with their tuition and schooling. Thrift stores also provide clothes at a discounted rate and make them easily available for everyone.