As a part of the USA, the Islands (USVI) are the perfect tropical getaway, similar to the Caribbean Islands. Many all-inclusive Family Resorts in the U.S. Virgin Islands welcome guests from around the globe for their honeymoon or enjoy holidays with kids.
The warm, airy weather and less humidity make these all-inclusive family resorts in the US Virgin Islands more enjoyable with water slides. St. Thomas, Saint John, and St. Croix are the three main islands of the USVI, besides many more small ones.
The USA Virgin Island’s abbreviation is VI, and the currency is United States Dollar.
USVI has two main airports.
- Henry E. Rohlsen Airport (STX/TISX), HERA.
- Cyril E. King Airport (STT), CEKA.
18 Top Places to Stay in the US Virgin Islands with Kid & Family
1. Bolongo Bay Resort, St. Thomas
Bolongo Bay Resort has been considered one of the best US Virgin Island Resorts for the last three decades. This family-owned resort is the first to introduce an “All-inclusive package stay” concept in USVI.
The resort is at the island’s south coast and has a 1000 ft private seabeach. Guests can enjoy the sea views from all 74 rooms of the resort. Every room has a private balcony, television, air conditioning system, mini-fridge, and Wi-Fi connections.
Guests can enjoy all kinds of watersports from the private beach. Those with “All-inclusive package” access enjoy these sports for free.
Bolongo Bay Resort Eminent Amenities
- A La Carte Dining
- Bar with unlimited options of cocktails.
- Meeting and Banquet halls
- Non-smoking zones.
- Sunset Catamaran cruise
Address: St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands 00802
2. Point Pleasant Resort, Sanit Thomas
Point Pleasure resort is nestled upon 15 acres of hilltop land adjacent to the spectacular Caribbean Sea. This retreat is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful and best US Virgin Island Resorts.
Coki Beach, Coral World, and Red Hook Village are only a couple of minutes drive from there. Guests can take ferry boats to Lindquist Beach, 1 mile away, and the Cyril E. King Airport is a 30-minute ride from there.
There are villas of different sizes available in this 3-star rated retreat. They all have fully furnished bedrooms, kitchens, and beautiful sea-facing balconies. These bright and airy villas are best for family vacations, as six people can fit in them, and the private beach is best for snorkeling.
Point Pleasant Resort Amenities
- Shuttle services to the retreat are available from 8 am to 6 pm.
- Three swimming pools, two restaurants(Bar & Grille, Mirador), and a spa.
- Tour guides for island tours and watersports are provided.
- Lobby shop with beverages, snacks, and personal care items
- Non-smoking villas are available.
- ATM/ cash machines are there.
Address: 6600 Estate Smith Bay, Saint Thomas, Saint Thomas – 00802, US Virgin Islands
3. Margaritaville Vacation Club Resort by Wyndham, St. Thomas
Margaritaville resort is Wyndham’s luxury family retreat on Saint Thomas island of the US Virgin Islands. The resort is in the eastern part of the island and is covered by beautiful palm trees.
Guests can choose from 264 suits of the resort—four types of suits depending on the number of bedrooms and amenities. You can choose from 1-bedroom, 2-bedroom, or 3-bedroom suites or book a studio suite. All suites have a private patio, and guests can get casual dining in their rooms.
Margaritaville Vacation Club Resort Amenities
- Convenience stores, gift shops, business centers, gyms, and internet cafes are on the resort grounds.
- Different sports activities like golf and horseback riding are organized besides water sports like snorkeling, diving, and boat riding.
Address: 6080 Estate Smith Bay St. Thomas, VI 00802
4. The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas
With the latest $100 million restoration, this St. Thomas Resort has become the crown jewel of the US Virgin Island Retreats list. Guests are welcome to enjoy a marvelous view of the Great Bay from this sea-inspired resort with locally sourced cuisine. They can also book the new 65 ft catamaran for a better experience of living on the sea.
The resort has 180 rooms, combining all the suites and club rooms. Every suite and room comes with a private balcony or terrace.
Guests of club rooms and club suites enjoy private access to the exclusive club lounge. The resort is also great for corporate parties and weddings.
It has four restaurants and a cafe. Alloro is the newest restaurant with Sicilian cuisine. Coconut Cove is a beach restaurant with St. Thomas’s unique dishes and handmade cocktails.
Sails is a casual pool and oceanside restaurant. Bleuwater is a classy restaurant with Breakfast in A La Carte Style, and Southwind is a grab-and-go style coffee shop. Live music is played every evening here.
The Ritz-Carlton St. Thomas Resort Amenities
- Dedicated attendants in every room and suite.
- Daily activities like garden tours, yoga sessions, and water Mai Chi are organized.
- 10000 sq ft of indoor and outdoor areas for corporate meetings and wedding parties.
- A 65 ft luxury catamaran for private booking and parties is available.
- The aquatic center provides all gear, water sports instructions, and coral reef details.
- The resort has seven outdoor party locations, five indoor meeting rooms, and a ballroom.
- A relaxing spa, fitness center, gift shop, Ritz kids zone, and two family pools with flash pods are available.
Address: 6900 Great Bay, St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands 00802 United States
5. Marriott’s Frenchman’s Cove Resort, Saint Thomas
Marriott’s Frenchman Cove Resort is the most beautiful St. Thomas Island resort in the US Virgin Islands. The retreat is situated on the beautiful hillside adjacent to the blue waters of Pacquereau Bay.
The historic town of Charlotte Amalie influences the resort’s beautiful combination of Danish and British architecture. The bright colors are a perfect match for the tropical landscape. The villas have separate dining rooms, a fully equipped kitchen, and private patios. The MarketPlace shop in the resort is a convenient store for snacks and drinks.
The Sunset Cove Bar & Grille is a casual poolside restaurant and Bar with handmade cocktails and light food. You can dine out in one of the four popular eateries within 2 miles of the resort. They are Pizza Amore, The Smoking Rooster, Cravin’ Crabs, and Fresh Bristo. You can order a prearrival provision in your villa, too.
Marriott’s Frenchman Cove Resort Amenities
- Parking within the resort grounds is free.
- The resort has a convenience store, fitness center, and kid’s activity center.
- Every villa comes with a fully equipped kitchen and hot tub.
- The resort also rents snorkeling gear.
- Kids can enjoy themselves at the activity center.
- Guests are given wake-up calls on request.
- The resort is smoke-free.
Address: 7338 Estate Bakkeroe St. Thomas VI 00802, 3011, US Virgin Islands
6. Emerald Beach Resort, St. Thomas
This St Thomas resort is best known for its green beauty and picturesque view of the green waters of Lindberg Bay. The place is just a short drive from St. Thomas Island Airport, and a shuttle service is available from the resort.
This US Virgin Island Resort provides world-class services for everyone. People can book this place for business purposes or tropical wedding parties. All 90 suites of this resort are sea-facing with a private patio.
Guests can choose from the three eateries of the resort. The Emerald Cafe is good for smoothies, coffee, and breakfast meals.
Caribbean Fusion is a perfect restaurant offering local seafood and meat items. Emerald Beach Bar offers tasty appetizers, handmade cocktails, pizza, burgers, and wraps. All of these are beach-facing. So you can enjoy your meal in a picturesque backdrop.
Emerald Beach Resort Amenities
- Private Concierge services start from trip planning to execution.
- Villas and suites come with all modern amenities.
- Shuttle service from the resort is available.
- Monday Night Managers Cocktail party is open for all guests to enjoy.
- The business center is available to organize parties, weddings, and corporate meetings.
- There is a boutique in the resort with beautiful souvenirs and gifts.
- Guests can rent any watersport equipment from the beach shop.
- Private Beach and an outdoor pool are open for every guest.
Address: 8070 Lindbergh Bay, St.Thomas, USVI 00802
7. Secret Harbour Beach Resort, St. Thomas
Secret Harbour Beach Resort is one of the most attractive family resorts on the US Virgin Islands. The resort is only a mile from the Red Hook Village, and a ferry service to St John Island is close to the resort.
Guests can choose from beachfront apartments or hilltop apartments. The first one is set on the resort’s private beach, and the latter is nested beside the outdoor pool overlooking the beach and beachfront apartments.
A tour of nearby historical places of St Thomas Island and St John National Park is also a good plan. People can also plan romantic tropical weddings or corporate parties in this resort. Prearrival provisions are provided in the suites.
The resort has two eateries and a bar: Sunset Grille, The Patio, and Beach Bar. You can order grocery delivery in your suite to cook a homely meal yourself.
Secret Harbour Beach Resort Amenities
- Concierge services for island tour planning and watersports are provided.
- Condominiums are decorated with tropical and Caribbean themes with modern amenities like a fully equipped kitchen, private balconies, dining rooms, and drawing rooms.
- A fitness center, tennis court, outdoor pool, watersports rental shop, and private beach are available.
- Anyone can rent the resort for weddings or corporate parties.
- A world-class restaurant, Bar, and tiki bar are available for guests.
Address: 6280 Estate Nazareth St Thomas, 00802 US Virgin Islands
8. Sapphire Beach Condominium Resort, St. Thomas
This US Virgin Island resort is a popular family retreat on Sapphire Beach on St Thomas Island. The resort is near Red Hook Village, famous for its eateries and shopping centers.
Guests can choose from Yacht Harbor suites and villas, Beachfront suits, and villas. They all come with modern amenities, like a fully equipped kitchen, a private patio, and dining and drawing rooms. Guests can enjoy relaxed days beside the outdoor pools or on the beach with handcrafted cocktails.
Sapphire Beach Condominium Resort Amenities
- Complimentary Dive-in and snorkeling for guests.
- Beach chairs and towels are complimentary.
- Baby-sitting and maid services are provided.
- A water excursion with a 67-slip marina is provided.
Address: 6720 Estate Smith Bay, St Thomas 00802, US Virgin Islands
What is the area code for the St. Thomas Virgin Islands?
The local telephone area code is 340 of St. Thomas Virgin Islands in the USA.
What is the St. Thoma Virgin Islands zip code?
The ZIP code is 00801, 00802, 00803, and 00804.
Do you need a passport for the St. Thomas Virgin Islands?
A US citizen doesn’t need a password to visit the Virgin Islands.
9. Gallows Point Resort, St John
Gallows Point Resort on Saint John Island is one of the notable resorts on The Virgin Islands. It is situated on a 5-acre oceanfront peninsula, 5 minutes away from Cruz Bay.
The renovated resort has beautiful tropical decorations. You can book the one-bedroom ocean-view villas or oceanfront upper or lower suites of duplex bungalows.
You can shop from the Gallows Point gift & gourmet shop. Light breakfast and coffee are also available in this shop.Spa massage is available in suites and rooms, and Ocean 362 is a world-class onsite restaurant.
Gallows Point Resort Amenities
- Private concierge and complimentary pick-up and drop-off facilities are available.
- Full-time housekeeping and maintenance staff are available.
- Every room and suite comes with a fully equipped kitchen and laundry service.
- Conference room, fax, and copy machines are provided for guests.
- Food and wine storage before arrival in suites are arranged.
- There are car rental and shuttle services for guests.
Address: 3 AAA Gallows Point Road St. John, St John 00831, US Virgin Islands
10. The Westin Resort Villas, St. John
St. John Island is the most beautiful island among the three major islands of the US Virgin Islands. Some of the picturesque beaches of St John Island are close to the retreat. The resort has its ferry service to St Thomas Harbor.
Guests can rent villas with 1, 2, or 3 bedrooms or townhouses. These can go up to 2,850 sq ft and accommodate up to 8 people at a time. The larger villas come with private pools. The resort’s 1200 ft private white sand beach is a perfect place to spend your relaxed day on a lounge chair.
This 47-acre resort on Great Cruz Bay is well known for its nature-friendly outlook. You can enjoy light meals like salads, snacks, and cocktails from the Snorkels Bar & Grill, and guests can shop at Mango Deli.
Nearby restaurants are Hightide Bar & Seafood Grill, Ronnie’s Pizza, Cruz Bay Landing, and Morgan’s Mango.
The Westin Resort Villas Amenities
- Resort amenities are complimentary for all guests.
- Villas and townhouses are decorated with all the amenities of modern life.
- Ferry service to St. Thomas Harbor is available.
- There is a quarter-acre sizeable outdoor pool, a modern spa, a gift shop, a watersports gear rental shop, and a gym on the resort ground.
Address: 300B Chocolate Hole, Great Cruz Bay, Virgin Islands (US)
11. Grande Bay Resort, St. John
Grande Bay Resort is situated on the hillside of Cruz Bay near the Wharfside Village. St Thomas Island is on the west side of the retreat, and the British Virgin Islands are on the east. The apartment-style resort is a perfect destination for your Caribbean vacation.
This St John Resort is a short ferry ride from St Thomas. Guests can indulge in the rooftop pool and spa services with a breathtaking view of the green waters of Cruz Bay. Cruz Bay is perfect for shopping and dining.
There are 1, 2, or 3-bedroom suites beside the penthouse terrace and studio suites. Residence Club suites are also for regular visitors, and all the resort amenities are complimentary for guests.
Grande Bay Resort Amenities
- Suites and club rooms have complimentary internet service, a private concierge, free parking, a modern kitchen, a private balcony, a washer, and a dryer.
- Outdoor heated saltwater pool & spa, a gym, and covered parking lots are there.
- Jeep rental services are offered.
- The resort can provide complimentary long-distance calls to Canada, Puerto Rico, and the lower 48 states.
- Each suite and clubhouse provides beach chairs, towels, and insulated cooler bags.
Address: Cruz Bay Quarter, St. John, US Virgin Islands, 00831-0690
12. Sea Shore Allure, Saint John
If you’re looking for a secluded location in the lap of nature to enjoy your vacation, this resort is the hidden gem of Saint John Island. This seaside resort near Cruz Bay is well known for its tropical decorations and cozy nature.
Guests can book suites or rent the whole resort for celebrations and large groups. There are 14 boutique suites designed with Brazilian hardwood, travertine tiles, and native stone art. All the resort amenities are complimentary for guests.
You can visit the St John National Park or shop near Mongoose Joint. Dining out is a good option too. Restaurants like La Tapa, Woody’s Seafood Saloon, and Extra Virgin Bristo are near the resort. Guests can visit other St. John beaches, and Boarders can try out the nearby golf courses and tennis courts.
Sea Shore Allure Amenities
- Villas have a gourmet kitchen, free parking, a private patio, laundry service, prearrival provision, and concierge service.
- Jeep and boat rental services are provided.
- Babysitting services and housekeeping services are offered.
- Blue Havana Pool is the outdoor pool with a spa jet, poolside cabana, and a tiki bar in the resort.
- A private pebble beach has umbrellas, lounge chairs, and coolers.
- The resort premise is smoke-free.
Address: 271 & 272 Fish Fry Drive St. John, 00831 United States
13. Divi Carina Bay Resort & Casino St. Croix
If you plan a fantastic bachelorette party or honeymoon, check out the Divi Carina Bay resort at St. Croix Island. The adults-only retreat is redecorated and opened up for guests.
The resort has opened its new brand of Oceans in its westside wing, which is more private and offers extra facilities. Enroll for their All-inclusive perk and clean-check program to enjoy all fun activities hustle-free.
Check out one of the five world-class restaurants on the retreat. They are Oceans Bar & Grill, Waves Marketplace, Carina Cafe & Show Bar, East End Caffee, and Latitude Bar. Weekly DJ nights and Karaoke Nights are part of the nightlife here.
Address: Divi Carina Bay Beach Resort & Casino, 5025 Turner Hole Rd, Christiansted, St Croix 00820, US Virgin Islands
Divi Carina Bay Resort Amenities
- All-inclusive packages are there.
- All suites and rooms have private decks, on-suit laundry service, coffee espresso machines, mini-fridges, smart TVs, and complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Five restaurants and bars on the resort ground with beachside tables.
- The resort has a Casino, tennis court, pickleball court, pool, spa, and fitness gym.
- Ocean brand with more privacy is newly added.
14. The Buccaneer Beach & Golf Resort, Saint Croix
It’s an elegant retreat with all the modern amenities, and this one should be at the top of your list. This family-owned retreat has been catering to guests in the Virgin Islands for the last seven decades. Guests can choose from hotel suits in the original historic mansion or modern villas.
The 340-acre resort has an ocean-facing play yard. There are four restaurants and a huge shopping center with world-class boutiques. Guests can take complimentary scuba lessons in the water sports center. The Buccaneer Beach house at Whistle Point has a villa-style master suite, two cottages, and the main house. This enclave is perfect for private and corporate parties. The rooms include
The resort offers different packages for guests, and you can also get an all-inclusive package to enjoy every amenity. The four restaurants of Buccaneer are The Terrace, The Mermaid, The Lounge, and Beauregard.
The Buccaneer Beach and Golf Resort Amenities
- Self-parking on the ground.
- There is an 18-hole golf course, eight tennis courts, two pools, three beaches, a water sports center, a salon, one full spa center, and a 24/7 open gym.
- Banquet and corporate meetings are organized.
- Shuttle service is available from the airport.
- Extra facilities for Handicapped personnel are provided.
- Complimentary snorkeling equipment, beach chairs, kayaks, welcome drinks, daily housekeeping, and complimentary self-parking on resort grounds.
Address: 5007 Estate Shoys, Christiansted, St. Croix, US Virgin Islands
15. Coral Edge Bed & Breakfast Resort, St. Croix
This is the newest edition on the luxury St. Croix resorts list. The resort is situated on Cane Bay near the Northshore of the beautiful Caribbean Sea and is famous for snorkeling. Coral’s Edge B&B Resort is the most relaxed adults-only resort on the US Virgin Islands. Owners Julia and Adam Hayne offer private culinary service to the guests.
There are two king-size rooms for two adults, Dolphine and Sea Turtle. Reservations are available for three or more nights with a 24-hour prior notice. Innkeepers offer gourmet breakfast and private culinary service to guests and fellow islanders.
Guests can enjoy the beach with private beach chairs and all amenities provided by the resort. It’s close to all the tourist attractions on the island. Airconditioned rooms are beautifully decorated with classic and modern amenities.
Coral’s Edge Bed & Breakfast Resort Amenities
- Prearrival provisions and beach provisions are provided on request.
- Hairdryers, refrigerators, and microwaves are provided.
- Outdoor showers are available.
- Beach dining can be arranged.
- Snorkeling equipment is provided.
- Gourmet breakfast with a special Mimosa is provided every day.
- A library is available.
Address: 121-I La Vallee, Northshore near Cane Bay Beach, 00840, US Virgin Islands
16. Carambola Beach Resort, St.Croix
Everyone is welcome to this St. Croix island resort on US Virgin Island to enjoy a stress-free holiday. The resort is nestled within a sugar plantation, and guests can enjoy the Carambola Tide Pools and Carambola Golf Club nearby.
The studio villas of the resort are decorated with classic furniture and modern amenities to match the guest’s lifestyles. All the resort amenities are complimentary for guests. A trip to local historical places and the other Virgin Islands is also a great way to enjoy a vacation.
Flamboyant Lounge & Beach Bar is the pool and beachside Bar of the resort. Saman Restaurant here is the breakfast joint. Waves at Cane Bay, Salud Bristo, and Rowdy Joe’s Northshore Eatery are some nearby restaurants.
Address: Estate Davis Bay, St. Croix, Virgin Islands (US), 00850
Carambola Beach Resort Amenities
- Every villa has complimentary internet service, regular housekeeping, and laundry service.
- Villas are decorated with classic furniture and separate areas for the dining room, drawing room, kitchenette, and hot tubs.
- The resort has a fitness center, outdoor pool, spa, meeting rooms, watersport rental shop, and private beach.
- Three meeting rooms with modern facilities are there for corporate meetings and wedding parties.
- Marriott-certified wedding planners are provided to help guests organize a grand wedding.
17. The Fred Resort, St. Croix
The Fred is the only beachfront resort on St Croix Island of The US Virgin Islands. This small Boutique retreat is situated in Frederiksted town, and the antique buildings of this resort uphold the Danish culture and Black history of the island.
There are 22 suites with all modern amenities. These suites are nested in 2 story historic mansions lined up by the resort’s infinity pool. The Fred is an adult-only resort; guests can rent watersports gear to enjoy on the private beach.
The Fred Amenities
- There are two saltwater pools, a hot tub, and a sunset observation deck.
- Foot wash and showers.
- Beauty spa and salon.
- Live music.
- Watersport rentals with beach chairs, umbrellas, and towels are provided.
- A bar, restaurant, and gift shop inside the resort are available.
Address: 605 Strand St, Frederiksted, VI 00840, US Virgin Islands
18. Tamarind Reef Spa & Marina Resort, St. Croix
This nice getaway on St Croix Island is 3 miles from the historic town of Christiansted. The resort is nestled among lushly green palm trees and tropical lawns, with a snorkeling beach in the front.
This 40-acre property offers the best suites with classic tropical decorations and all modern amenities. There are two world-class restaurants in the resort. Deep End Bar & Grill is an open beach-facing restaurant, and the Galleon Restaurant is the classy one under Chef Charles Mereday.
Tamarind Reef Resort offers the best tropical Wedding experience on the Virgin Islands. You can also call for an underwater wedding arrangement in the resort, and guests get wedding planners appointed.
Tamarind Reef Spa & Marina Resort Amenities
- Outdoor pool with open Bar.
- A tennis court, gym, beach volleyball court, and spa are available for guests.
- Free snorkeling, kayaking gear, and motorboat riding for every guest.
- 154-slip marina with boat charter service.
Address: Tamarind Reef, 5001, Christiansted, St Croix 00820, US Virgin Islands
About Saint Thomas, St John, and St. Croix Islands
Saint Thomas is the most densely populated island in the US Virgin Islands. The historic town of Charlotte Amalie here is the capital of USVI. This island has many dinners, shopping malls, Cruz ports, and beaches.
St John Island is mostly uninhabited. Almost 60% of this island is covered with lush green tropical forests. St John Island National Park is a famous tourist point here. St. Croix is mostly underdeveloped. This island is renowned for early Danish settlements.
There are many resorts on all three islands; some are high-class retreats like the Ritz-Carlton Resort. Small boutique retreats with limited suites, like the Coral’s Edge Bed & Breakfast Resort. You can choose any of these US Virgin Island Resorts based on your budget and the amenities.
Are there all-inclusive resorts in the US Virgin Islands?
Few resorts are all-inclusive—Bolongo Bay Beach Resort at St Thomas, The Buccaneer at St Croix, etc. Divi Carina Bay Beach Resort & Casino at St Croix has become an adults-only all-inclusive resort.
Is there a sandal resort in the US Virgin Islands?
Currently, there are no sandal resorts in the US Virgin Islands. Several Caribbean Islands, like Jamaica, The Bahamas, St Lucia, Barbados, etc., have sandal resorts.
Many of the best US Virgin Islands resorts provide world-class services to their guests, and the friendly staff takes care of everything for their guests. So sit tight and relax during your tropical vacation here. After all, enjoying a Caribbean vacation in the USA is a piece of cake for everyone.