Sreebhumi Sporting Club Durga Puja in Kolkata is an elite and high-profile celebration. This year 2022, they come up with a grand theme, “Vatican City,” and have a big celebration for Golden Jubilee: (50 years).
Sreebhumi Durga puja inauguration ceremony happened on 22 September 2022, and the Pandal will open on Monday, 26 September 2022, for everybody. The pandal and idol preparation of Seebhumi are going on in full spring. This puja is also taking part in the red road carnival,
Table of Contents
- About North Kolkata Sreebhumi Durga Puja Pandal 2022
- Sreebhumi Durga Puja Location
- The Theme – Vatican City of Rome 2022
- About Vatican City
- Sreebhumi Durga Puja Themes
- Sreebhumi Sporting Club Bijoya Sammelani 2022
- Sreebhumi Durga Puja 2021- Burj Khalifa
- How to Reach Sreebhumi Sporting Club Durga Puja
- Sreebhumi Nearby Durga Puja
- Sreebhumi Nearby Restaurant
- Durga Puja
- Durga Puja and Bengali
- Durga Puja Schedule 2022
- Sreebhumi Sporting Club Social Activities
- Sreebhumi Sporting Club Marathon 2022
About North Kolkata Sreebhumi Durga Puja Pandal 2022
The theme of Vatican City Sreebhumi Durga Puja 2022 is most awaited in Kolkata. It first started in 1969. Sreebhumi Sporting Club organizes this puja every year and stands among Kolkata’s best pujas.
Each year, they come up with a unique and grand theme. The Sreebhumi playground is adorned with royal lighting and decorations during the festivities. Their huge pandal and mesmerizing Goddess Durga idol give a vibe of being on a film set.
Sreebhumi Durga Puja Location
Canal St, Sreebhumi, Lake Town, South Dumdum, West Bengal 700048
The Theme – Vatican City of Rome 2022
The club will transform Lake Town of Kolkata into the Vatican City of Rome. This year the Goddess Durga would be cloaked in 22-carat gold. Famous artists from Shantiniketan and Kolkata will paint renowned Leonardo da Vinci paintings.
Subrata Gangopadhyay designed the Durga Puja logo this year. Pradip Rudra Pal will make the idol of Goddess Durga.
Read Durga Puja Near Me
About Vatican City
The Vatican state city was established in February 1929. Through the signing of the Lateran pact between Italy and the Holy See. It’s a blessed suburb in Rome that has witnessed many historical and spiritual events.
This city is the most sacred pilgrimage destination for Catholics. There is a vast architectural and artistic collection. In the center is St Peter’s Basilica (largest holy building), fabricated on St Peter the Apostle’s tomb.
Sreebhumi Durga Puja Themes
Every year, Sreebhumi comes up with unique themes for their pandals like Naktala Udayan Sangha Durga puja. Burj Khalifa (2021) and Rani Padmavati Palace (2018) were the most popular.
Apart from these, the other famous pandal themes were:
- The Jagannath Temple theme pandal in 2016.
- The Bahubali theme pandal in 2017.
- The Chandra Gupta Maurya Palace theme palace in 2019.
- The Kedarnath Temple theme pandal in 2020.
In 2022, they will create a pandal replicating the Vatican City of Rome.
Sreebhumi Sporting Club Bijoya Sammelani 2022
Sreebhumi Sporting Club will organize a Bijoya Sammelani a month after Durga Puja. Famous artists from Mumbai and Kolkata will feature in the program.
Sreebhumi Durga Puja 2021- Burj Khalifa
Sreebhumi Sporting Club Durga Puja always amazes visitors with unique themes. In 2021, the club transformed Kolkata into Dubai with their Burj Khalifa pandal. Six thousand acrylic sheets were used to erect 145 feet tall pandal.
The crowd puller was a 45 kg gold Goddess Durga idol and mesmerizing light show. Over 250 workers worked for four months to replicate the world’s most elevated building.
Avijeet Bhattacharya and Jeet Ganguly sang and composed the theme song. Chandannagar artists put together the show-stealing lighting. Senco Gold funded jewellery for Maa Durga.
How to Reach Sreebhumi Sporting Club Durga Puja
- By Metro: The nearest metro station from Sreebhumi Sporting Club is Sovabazar or Belgachia metro station which is 3 km (22 minutes approx).
- By Bus: The Nearest bus stop is Laketown Bus Station, Sreebhumi, Bangur Satgach. You can get an auto to reach from ULtadanga or Bidhannagar station.
- By Rail: The nearest railway station is Patipukur Rail Way Station, Dum Dum Junction Rail Way Station, Bidhan Nagar station, etc.
Sreebhumi Nearby Durga Puja
- Lake Town Adhibasi Brindo Durga Puja Pandal is 750 m (4 min approx) from Sreebhumi Durga Puja.
- From Sreebhumi Durga Puja, Lake Town Park Sarbojonin Durga Puja is 1.4 km (5 min approx).
- Netaji Sporting Club Durga Puja is 1.7 km (10 min approx) from Sreebhumi Durga Puja.
- Golaghata Sammilani Durga Puja is 750 m (4 minutes approx) from Sreebhumi Durga Puja.
- From Sreebhumi Durga Puja, Patipukur Bokul Durga Puja Bari is 750m (4 minutes approx).
Sreebhumi Nearby Restaurant
- Sweet Corn Restaurant is 350 m (2 min approx) from Sreebhumi Durga Puja.
- Spicy Affair Restaurant from Sreebhumi Durga Puja is 550 m (3 min approx).
- Swad Bodol Restaurant is 290 m (2 min approx) from Sreebhumi Durga Puja.
- Flavour of Foodies Restaurant from Sreebhumi Durga Puja is 1 km (5 min approx).
- Balloon Chef Restaurant is 900 (5 min approx) from Sreebhumi Durga Puja.
Durga Puja is India’s most religious and contemplated festival, and it celebrates the victory of Maa Durga over the demon Mahisasura. We welcome Goddess Durga from her heavenly home with her children on Earth during the festivities.
Huge pandals to worship the Goddess are erected worldwide. From Shashti (6h day), beautiful-decorated pandals are opened for visitors. Vijayadashmi (the 10th day) is regarded as Bisharjan day. We bid Maa Durga goodbye by immersing her idol in Ganga.
Durga Puja is even called Durgotsava. It’s an annual ten days Hindu festival in India, and the celebration happens in late September or early October. The countdown to Durga Puja begins on Mahalaya and ends with a grand procession called Visarjan.
Durga Puja and Bengali
Celebration of Durga Puja is prevalent in and outside India. But nothing can match the grandeur of Kolkata. For us Bengalis, Durga puja is not just a puja; it’s an emotion, and this puja reflects our genuine emotion & devotion toward Maa Durga.
Durga Puja is the most famous festival in Bengal. Every street in West Bengal is decorated with lights. Huge pandals are erected to welcome the Goddess, and many pandals are a replica of famous places from all over the world.
Kolkata’s Durga Puja was accorded the title “World Heritage Site” by UNESCO and entered into the “Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity” representative index.
Starting of the Durga Puja celebration in Bengal dates back to history from the times of British Zamindars. At first, Durga Puja was celebrated in vast mansions of aristocratic families, with mantras and elaborate rituals.
But with time, theme puja pandals are taking over traditional ones on the open ground. Clubs compete and erect big-budget pandals to win awards like “best idol” & “best pandal.”
Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore, Orissa, Delhi, Pune, etc. Even abroad, like New York, Japan, London, Australia, New Jersey, Switzerland, Durga puja In UK, and Bangladesh have grand Durga Puja celebrations.
Durga Puja Schedule 2022
- This year Durga Puja 2022 date is on 1st October (Sasthi) and ends on 5th October (Bijaya Dashami).
- Kolkata Durga puja Visarjan dates are fixed on 5th October, 6th October, 7th October and 8th October.
- Red Road Durga Puja Carnival will be held in Kolkata on 8th October 2022.
|Sasthi||11th October 2022|
|Maha Saptami||12th October 2022|
|Maha Asthami||13th October 2022|
|Maha Navami||14th October 2022|
|Vijayadashami||15th October 2022|
Sreebhumi Sporting Club Social Activities
Sreebhumi Sporting Club engages in many social activities all year round. In 2021, they organized a blood donation camp for 2000 people (approx) during the Durga Puja celebrations.
The club is associated with a variety of philanthropic pursuits. They teach cricket, karate, etc. People can rent the club premise for hosting social programs, marriages, events, and parties.
Sreebhumi Sporting Club Marathon 2022
In celebration of the jubilee year, the Sreebhumi Sporting club will organize a marathon in September. Participants from all over the world will take part in it. The committee is yet to decide if this would be a half or full marathon.
MP Sujit Bose was fascinated by Vatican City (pilgrimage site of Catholics) while visiting Rome in 2017. He believes everyone is lucky enough to see it with their own eyes. So he wants the people of West Bengal to witness this magnum they have heard about in textbooks. A team of workers and artists will visit Rome to build a perfect model of Vatican City for the Sreebhumi mandap.
Among these, the pandal, idol of Goddess Durga, lighting, and decoration by Sreebhumi Sporting Club stand out. Every year, they come up with something unique, and their Burj Khalifa pandal is still fresh in our memory. With Durga Puja just around the corner, we are super-excited for Sreebhumi Durga Puja 2022. This year they would transform Kolkata into Vatican City, Rome.