Naktala Udayan Sangha Durga Puja 2022 is highly awaited in South Kolkata. First started in 1987; this Puja is 36 years old. Locals use the ground for playing outdoor games.
They have won several awards & prizes for pandal, themes, decoration, etc. They organise grand Durga Puja every year. Previously Naktala Udayan Sangha Durga Puja was attended by various celebrities. Devotees are attracted to the club’s traditional Puja, conducted with rituals and reciting mantras.
On Ashtami & Navami, a queue of people covers the road extending up to a kilometre. Naktala club is yet to announce the Durga Puja theme for 2022.
Naktala Udayan Sangha Durga Puja Theme 2022: “Mota Kapar”
Table of Contents
- About Naktala Udayan Sangha Club
- Naktala Udayan Sangha Durga Puja 2022
- Naktala Udayan Sangha Durga Puja Location
- Naktala Udayan Sangha Social Activities
- Naktala Udayan Sangha Durga Puja Pandal & Previous year Themes
- Naktala Udayan Sangha and Liverpool Foundation West Bengal
- About Durga puja
- Durga Puja Schedule/ Timetable 2022
- How to Reach Naktala Udayan Sangha Durga Puja
- Naktala Udayan Sangha nearby Durga Puja
- Naktala Udayan Sangha Durga Puja nearby Restaurants
About Naktala Udayan Sangha Club
The club arranges many events and activities like “Dadagiri Auditions”, “annual cultural competition”, “voice of destiny “, “Sarod Utsav”, etc. They own an AC Gym with well-maintained equipment.
The club is associated with many social activities. People learn to dance, karate, music, etc., at Naktala Club. They choose unique themes for the pandal, and streets are adorned with lighting during puja festivities.
Naktala Udayan Sangha Durga Puja 2022
We are eagerly waiting to visit Naktala Udayan Sangha Durga Puja 2022. With Durga Puja just around the corner (less than 70 days left), our excitement knows no bound.
The club is yet to disclose the theme for 2022, and UNESCO recognised it as a “World Heritage Site” Kolkata’s Durga Puja. To commemorate this recognition, the Naktala committee announced a big budget celebration for 2022.
Naktala Udayan Sangha Durga Puja Location
Naktala, Garia, Kolkata, West Bengal 700047
Naktala Udayan Sangha Social Activities
Naktala Udayan Sangha associates in many social activities. In 2018, they donated new clothes to over 2500 people. The club also organises annual blood donation camps for children affected by thalassemia.
Read Durga Puja Near Me
Naktala Udayan Sangha Durga Puja Pandal & Previous year Themes
Naktala Udayan comes up with quirky themes year after year. Their famous pandal themes reminisce even now.
- In 2018, Susanta Pal (a famous artist) has chosen “Kaal” as a theme. According to him, time is the most incredible illusion. Kolkata, ten years back, differed from today. And Kolkata of today will be very different in the coming ten years. This was the major theme of Naktala puja pandal 2018. In 2019, they chose “Jonmo (birth)” as a theme.
- In 2020, the pandal theme was “Porijayi Shramik (Migrant labours)”. The puja pandal paralleled with sea waves, and each wave spoke about the dilemma of migrant workers waiting to return home. Sixty migrant labourers hailing from South 24 Parganas, Murshidabad, and Nadia collaborated to build the pandal.
- For 2021, “Chalchitra (moving pictures) was chosen as the theme. Through their pandal, Naktala depicted the afflicting story of Bengal’s partition. The pandal took inspiration from “Last Train to Pakistan” by Khushwant Singh and Atin Bandyopadhyay’s “Neelkantho Pakhir Khoj”. There was a model train burdened with refugees and their trunks.
- The theme explored the pain and effect of displacement on families. Naktala is yet to announce the Durga Puja theme for 2022.
Naktala Udayan Sangha and Liverpool Foundation West Bengal
In 2018, Naktala Udayan Sangha joined hands with LFWB. To spread awareness about deceased organ donation awareness among revellers.
Liverpool Foundation West Bengal (LFWB) used Bengali’s most prominent festival as an occasion to create videos on the donation of a cadaver. The video was played at famous Durga Puja pandals like Naktala Udayan Sangha, Tridhara Sammilani, Suruchi Sangha, and Chetla Agrani. Along with music videos, they also played audio clips at various puja pandals.
About Durga puja
Durga Puja is India’s biggest festival, and people living in and outside the country celebrate it with the same enthusiasm. West Bengal organises Durga Puja on a large scale. Throughout history, various clubs in the state have shocked and mesmerised people worldwide with their award-winning puja pandal.
The countdown for Durga Puja 2022 begins on Mahalaya (25 September). We Bengalis have a special place for Durga Puja in our hearts. With less than 70 days for Puja, pandal and idol making have gathered speed.
The celebration is praised in more than 150 spots across 36 nations, including India and Bangladesh. Mumbai, Pune, London, the UK, New York, New Jersey, Japan, and Switzerland are famous Durga puja places.
Durga Puja Schedule/ Timetable 2022
This year Durga Puja 2022 date is on 1st October (Sasthi) and ends on 5th October (Bijaya Dashami). Kolkata Durga puja Visarjan dates are fixed on 5th October, 6th October, 7th October and 8th October. Red Road Durga Puja Carnival will be held in Kolkata on 8th October 2022.
|25th September 2022||MAHALAYA|
|1st October 2022||SHASTHI|
|2nd October 2022||SAPTAMI|
|3rd October 2022||MAHA ASHTAMI|
|4th October 2022||MAHA NAVAMI|
|5th October 2022||VIJAYA DASHAMI|
How to Reach Naktala Udayan Sangha Durga Puja
Gitanjali metro station is closest to Naktala Udayan Sangha Durga Puja (800 m). The club is a 3-4 minute walk from Naktala bus stop.
Baghajatin Railway Station is 3.5 km (15 min approx) from Naktala Udayan. The puja pandal is behind Naktala High School. It’s easily linked to Tollygunge and Garia through NSC Bose Road.
Naktala Udayan Sangha nearby Durga Puja
- Adi Naktala Sarbojanin Durgotsav Committee is 220 m (2 minutes approx) from Naktala Udayan Sangha.
- Naktala Dwitya Pally Durga Puja is 4 minutes approx (700 m) from Naktala Udayan Sangha.
- Purvachal Durga Puja Pandal is 2 km (8 minutes approx) from Naktala Udayan Sangha.
- Agrani Club is 3 minutes (550 m) from Naktala Udayan Sangha.
- Kalyan Sangha Club is 1.1 km ( 7 minutes approx) from Naktala Udayan Sangha.
Naktala Udayan Sangha Durga Puja nearby Restaurants
- Chef’s Comfort Food Restaurant is 180 m (2 minutes approx) from Naktala Udayan Sangha.
- Chekhe Dekhun Restaurant, from Naktala Udayan Sangha is 400 m (5 minutes approx).
- Zaikebaaz Restaurant is 300 m ( 2 minutes approx) from Naktala Udayan Sangha.
- Kolkata Durbaar Restaurant, from Naktala Udayan Sangha, is 270 m ( 2 minutes approx).
- D Win Dragon Restaurant is 500 m (7 minutes approx) from Naktala Udayan Sangha.
Everybody is ready now to welcome Maa Durga with her children. The thought of saying goodbye on Visarjan day makes us sad, and may the blissful hand of Maa Durga remain in our heads.
I am excited about pandal hopping with family & friends this year. Let’s see what Naktala Udayan Sangha Durga Puja 2022 has in store for us! We Bengalis have a special place for Durga Puja in our hearts.