Many Michelin-worthy restaurants in Mexico offer outstanding culinary experiences in a charming atmosphere. If you want a Michelin-starred culinary experience, visit the bellow Star Restaurants in Mexico.
But are there any Michelin Star Restaurants in Mexico? No, Mexico still does not have any Michelin Star Restaurants.
Are there any Michelin Star Restaurants in Mexico?
Mexico still does not have any Michelin Star Restaurants. But many eateries are near to achieving the honor.
About Michelin Star
The Michelin Guide is responsible for giving out these stars. A restaurant can receive these stars. According to the Michelin Guide, the meaning of each star is
- “One Star: An excellent restaurant in its category.
- Two Stars: For Excellent cooking, worth a detour.
- Three Stars: Exceptional cuisine, worth an extraordinary journey.”
5 Michelin Star-Worthy Restaurants in Mexico City
1. Pujol Mexican Restaurant – Miguel Hidalgo
Pujol is a nearly Michelin star restaurant in Mexico, run by chef Enrique Olvera, offering exquisite Mexican dishes with a modern twist. It’s renowned for innovation and never-ending perfection, where traditional and contemporary gastronomy coexists through conventional and innovative cooking methods.
Baby corn, Taco omakase, Mole madra, and Veracruzana are some must-try dishes of this restaurant. The menu also features vegan, plant-based, and gluten-free diets apart from its main course. The interior contains circular mirrors, mid-century contemporary furnishings, and, surprisingly, a spindly tree that rises through the dining area.
- Price Range: The tasting menu costs 128 USD (2565 Mexican pesos), including tax (approx).
- Type of Restaurant: Mexican Restaurant
- Must-try Items: Baby Corn With Chicatana Ant Mayonnaise, Brussels Sprouts Tlayuda With Almond’s Mojo, Ant Roe, Snail Ceviche With Heart Of Palm Juice, And Parsnip, and Tuna And Mussel With Squash Huatape, Asparagus, And Cacahuazintle.
- Timing: 01:30 pm till 09:30 pm.
Address: Tennyson 133, Polanco, Polanco IV Secc, Miguel Hidalgo, 11550 Ciudad de México.
2. Restaurante Rosetta – Cuauhtémoc
Huset offers creatively crafted foreign cuisine and blended beverages. Its unrivaled ambiance, however, is what has cemented its place among Mexico City’s top eateries. From the ingenious chessboard floor in the dining area to a terrace rooftop covered in green vines and sparkling lights, everything is just perfect here.
The restaurant offers a seasonal changing menu prepared with fresh and organic ingredients from local suppliers. If it’s available when you visit, have the avocado pizza and chocolate cake for dessert.
- Price Range: 12.91 USD (250 Mexican pesos)– 23.24 USD (450 Mexican Pesos) for main courses (approx).
- Type of Restaurant: Italian restaurant with a Mexican twist.
- Must-try Items: Pink Mole Beets and Shiso, Robalo in Sea Salt with Herbs and Samphire, Chicatana Ant Butter and Rye Sourdough, Tagliatelle Italian and Café.
- Timing: 01:00 pm to 05:45 pm and 6:30 pm to 11:30 pm.
Address: Colima 166, Roma Nte., Cuauhtémoc, 06700 Ciudad de México.
3. El Cardenal Restaurant – Mexican Gastronomy
El Cardenal is a long-standing restaurant in Mexico that has been successfully serving people since 1969. Most dishes are perfect examples of classic Mexican items, prepared with locally sourced fresh ingredients. The most popular dishes at this restaurant are Pan Dulce and Chilaquiles.
The dining room is a sizable, open area with tall ceilings and picture windows. A festive mood is created by wandering musicians and servers wearing traditional attire. Hot chocolate is the most sought-after beverage here. However, there is a complete bar, a wine selection, a variety of coffee drinks, and fresh juices.
- Price Range: 12.9 USD ($250 Mexican pesos)- 18.08 USD ($350 Mexican pesos) (approx).
- Type of Restaurant: Mexican Restaurant
- Must-try Items: Chile En Nogada Sel Cardenal Con Pan de la Casa, Chocolate Caliente Con Pan Recién Hecho, Concha de Chocolate Con Nata, Sopa, and Pecho de Ternera.
- Timing: 08:00 am to 06:30 pm.
Address: C. de la Palma 23, Centro Histórico de la Cdad. de México.
4. Contramar Restaurant
Contramar is an excellent restaurant in Mexico that specializes in classic Mexican dishes and delectable seafood. The dishes are well executed, and delicious desserts complement the food.
The restaurant has a large, lively eating area with a blue mural behind the bar, sizeable windows in the front, and tables wrapped in white table clothes. The bar is a fantastic spot for a leisurely lunch because it offers a wide variety of fine mezcal, tequila, wine, and beers. It’s a popular venue for locals, celebrities, and tourists, so making a reservation and preparing ahead are highly advised.
- Price Range: 24.79 USD ($480 Mexican pesos)- 50.09 USD ($970 Mexican pesos) per person (approx).
- Type of Restaurant: seafood restaurant
- Must-try Items: Fig Tart, Dessert Assortment, Pescado A la Talla Contramar, Tostadas de Atún, Tostadas de Pulpo, and Tostadas de Atún.
- Timing: Monday-Friday from 12:00 pm till 08:00 pm, Saturday-Sunday from 11:00 am till 08:00 pm
Address: Calle de Durango 200, Roma Nte., Cuauhtémoc, 06700 Ciudad de México.
5. El Turix in Polanco Mexico City
El Turix is a small taqueria offering modern Mexican and Latin cuisines in the heart of Mexico. The menu is small, and most dishes are served in Yucatan style, meaning there will be a touch of sweetness in every dish. Cochinita, Habanero salsa, and panuchos are some popular dishes in this restaurant.
El Turix offers 24 dishes on its menu, with a wide range of premium wines. You will find a homely atmosphere and sizeable crowds outside the front gate. Thus booking a table beforehand can do the magic for you.
- Price Range: 7.23 USD (140 Mexican pesos) per person (approx)
- Type of Restaurant: taco restaurant
- Must-try Items: Pork, Tortas, Tamales, Panucho Y Taco, Cochinita Pibil Tacos, and Salsa de Habanero.
- Timing: 12:00 pm till 10:00 pm.
Address: Av. Emilio Castelar 212, Polanco, Polanco III Secc, Miguel Hidalgo
America has many Michelin Star Restaurants in almost every state. Some of them are:-
- 8 Best Michelin Star Restaurants in Napa California
- 3 Best Michelin Star Restaurants in San Jose
- 30 Best Michelin Star Restaurants in Los Angeles
- 15 Best Michelin Star Restaurants in Sacramento
- 15 Best Michelin Star Restaurants in San Diego
- 3 Michelin Star Asian Inspired Restaurant In San Francisco
- Does Mexico Have Michelin Star Restaurants?
- 15 Almost Michelin Star Restaurants in Boston