How to Reach Ranthambore from Jaipur, Delhi in 2023
Ranthambore National Park in India is connected to Delhi by the NH8 and NH11A, and Udaipur and Ahmedabad by the NH76 National Highway. Mumbai and Ranthambore are connected by National Highway 3. But how How to reach Ranthambore from Jaipur, Delhi, or Rajasthan?
The distance between Jaipur to Ranthambore is approximately 180 km, and Delhi to Ranthambore is 397 km by NH 48 takes around 7 hours 30 minutes. Rajasthan Kota to Ranthambore distance is about 114 km. Frequent flights and trains are available from all the states.
Sawai Madhopur railway station to Ranthambore national park Safari Booking Center distance is 14 kilometers. Auto-ricksha, taxis, etc., are available to reach.
Luxury trains are Palace on Wheels, Royal Rajasthan on Wheels, Maharaja Express, and Deccan Odyssey. Most luxury trains stop at Sawai Madhopur railway station during their eight-day tour.
In this article, you will find how to reach Ranthambore National Park from Jaipur, Delhi, Mumbai, and other states and all the details about the Indian sanctuary.
How to Reach Ranthambore National Park
Jaipur to Ranthambore By road
Distance from Jaipur to Ranthambore national park is 3 hours 40 minutes journey of about 190 km road via NH52 and NH552.
Jaipur to Ranthambore By Train
The distance from Jaipur to Ranthambore national park by train is 132 and an extra 13 km by road. Sawai Madhopur Jn is the nearest.
Almost 32 trains are available in Jaipur to Ranthambore National Park, Rajasthan route. Such as
- Hisar – Mumbai Central AC Duronto Express
- Bhagat Ki Kothi – Tiruchchirappalli Humsafar Express
- Hisar – Kota Express
- Bikaner – Puri SF Express
- Anuvrat AC SF Express
Jaipur to Ranthambore By Bus
Jaipur to Ranthambore bus service is available, approx 3 hours 40 minutes travel time and 190 km road via NH52 and NH552. Tourists can get options like local buses, ac buses etc.
Nearest Bus Station is Sawai Madhopur. Direct Buses are available from the Jaipur bus to stand to Ranthambore National Park, 165 km distance. And from Udaipur, it is 406 km distance. A government bus Rental service is available too.
Delhi to Ranthambore By road
- Tourists can reach Ranthambore national park by three main National Highways (NH).
- distance from Delhi to Ranthambore national park –
- by NH 48, it will take approx 7 hours 30 min, and the distance is 397 km.
- By NH52, approx 8 hours 30 min, the distance is 456 km.
- By NH248A, it will take approx 9 hours min, and the distance is 388 km.
- Delhi to Rajasthan and Jaipur local government transport buses and tourist Volvo bus services are available.
- The distance from Jaipur to Ranthambore national park by road is about 190 km, and it will take approx 4 hours via NH52 and NH552.
- Pitampura to Ranthambore National Park distance is 22 km through ring road, and time takes approx 42 minutes by car.
Delhi to Ranthambore By Train
- Trains are available to reach Ranthambore from Delhi. But no direct trains are available. To reach the Ranthambore wildlife sanctuary, get down to the Sawai Madhopur, the nearest railway station to Ranthambore.
- From Delhi’s Hazrat Nizamuddin railway station To Sawai Madhopur, the railway station is about 350km by train, taking almost 5 hours.
- Local transport, taxis, and cars are available for Ranthambore National Park from the station. The distance is approx 13 kilometres, and it will take 20 to 25 minutes through Ranthambhor Road or Sherpur Road.
Delhi to Ranthambore By flight
- Jaipur International Airport is the nearest airport to Ranthambore National Park. If you avail flight From Delhi to Ranthambore, the trip will take about 5 hours.
- From Jaipur Airport, local transport, cars, and taxis are easily available. Direct bus and cab service is also available, and it’s an almost 160 km journey.
- No direct flight service is available to reach Ranthambore National Park from Indira Gandhi Airport Delhi. Travellers can take a flight from Delhi to Jaipur to get to Ranthambore by NH 48. The distance between Delhi to Jaipur International Airport by Flight is about 295 km; it will take one hour.
- Distance from Delhi to Ranthambore national park by road 380 km. by RJ SH 25 route. Delhi > Gurugram > Alwar > Lalsot > Sawai Madhopur > Ranthambore.
- You can easily reach Ranthambore national park in Delhi by air, train, and road. By road, it is almost 400 km road.
- Otherwise, if you don’t want to enter Pink City, take RJ SH 25. It is almost 394 kilometres and takes 8 hours and 30 minutes to get to Delhi. Ranthambore > Sawai Madhopur > Dausa > Neemrana > Gurugram > Delhi.
- Delhi to Ranthambore national park is 400 km by road via Alwar and Dausa (shortest route), by aeroplane for about 6 hours and by train for 5 hours and 30 minutes.
- Delhi to Ranthambore national park train is available. Almost 20 Long-Distance Trains between New Delhi and Ranthambore National Park, Rajasthan. Such as Golden Temple Exp, Kota Janshatabdi Exp, Nanda Devi AC SF Express, and New Delhi – Indore Intercity SF Express.
- To get to Ranthambore National Park, you must get down to the Sawai Madhopur railway station, which is almost 350 km and takes 5 hours.
How to reach Ranthambore national park from Sawai Madhopur?
Tourists can board the local bus, take a taxi or use a cab from Sawai Madhopur station to reach Ranthambore Tiger Safari Park. The Sawai Madhopur railway station is the nearest railway station to the Ranthambore National Park; the distance is 14 km.
Distance between Ranthambore and other cities by road
- Gurgaon, Haryana to Ranthambore Rajasthan is a 6 hours 40 minutes journey, 358 km road through NH 48 and NH148.
- Noida, Uttar Pradesh to Ranthambore national park Rajasthan is 20 minutes journey 11 km road via Jain Road.
- Distance from Udaipur, Rajasthan to Ranthambore national park is 7 hours 3 min journey 407 km road via NH 27.
- Ranthambore to Jodhpur, Rajasthan is an 8 hr 40 min journey 442 km road via Beawar – Pindwara Road.
- Kota, Rajasthan to Ranthambore is a 3 hr 20 min journey 137 km road via Lalsot – Kota Mega Hwy.
- Ajmer, Rajasthan to Ranthambore Rajasthan is a 5 hour 20 minutes journey 247 km road through NH552.
- Ranthambore national park, Rajasthan to Chittorgarh, Rajasthan, is 5 hours 25 minutes journey on 295 km road via NH 27.
- Indore, Madhya Pradesh to Ranthambore is 10 hours 30, minutes journey, 459 km road via NH 552G and Lalsot – Kota Mega Hwy.
- Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh to Ranthambore national park Rajasthan is a 9 hours 30 minutes journey 445 km road via NH RJ SH 1.
- Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh to Ranthambore is 6-hour journey on 280 km road via MP SH 6.
- Surat, Gujarat to Ranthambore national park Rajasthan is 16 hr journey, 900 km road via NH 48.
- Swm (Sawai Madhopur Junction railway station) to Ranthambore national park, Rajasthan, is a 25 minutes journey, 14 km road via Ranthambhor Rd/Sherpur Rd.
- Bangalore to Ranthambore is 33-hour journey, 1,885 km road through Bangalore – Hyderabad Hwy Rd/Sherpur Rd.
- Flights from Mumbai to Ranthambore are available. The total distance between Mumbai Airport to Ranthambore by Flight is 857 Km. The plane service is available from Mumbai Airport to Jaipur international airport, and by road, Ranthambore is 190 km away.
- Flights from Hyderabad to Ranthambore are available. The total distance between Hyderabad to Ranthambore by Flight is 981 Km. The plane service is available from Mumbai Airport to Jaipur international airport, and by road, Ranthambore National park is 190 km away.
- Hyderabad to Ranthambore is a 25-hour journey, 1,294 km road via NH 44.
- Ahmedabad, Gujarat to Ranthambore Rajasthan is 12-hour journey 669 km road via NH 48.
- Agra, Uttar Pradesh to Ranthambore is a 5 hours 40, minutes journey, 296 km road via Bikaner – Agra Rd.
- Pune, Maharashtra to Ranthambore is 21 hours 49 minutes journey, 1,112 km road through NH60.
Reach Ranthambore from Different Cities
|City||KM. (approx)||Time (approx)||By Road|
|Delhi to Ranthambore||381 km.||8 hours||via NH 48|
|Agra to Ranthambore||296 km.||6 hours||via Bikaner – Agra Rd|
|Jaipur to Ranthambore||190 km.||4 hours||via NH52 and NH552|
|Bharatpur to Ranthambore||243 km.||5 hours||via NH21|
|Udaipur to Ranthambore||407 km.||7 hours||via NH 27|
|Ahmedabad to Ranthambore||669 km.||12 hours||via NH 48|
|Mumbai to Ranthambore||1158 km.||20 hours||via NH 48|
Where is Ranthambore National Park Located
In North India, Ranthambore National Park is the largest wildlife reserve. There are many national parks and forests in Rajasthan, Ranthambore is famous among them, and three ponds are seen inside. It is situated in Rajasthan at 14 km from Sawai Madhopur railway station.
Ranthambore National Park surrounds by the Chambal River and Banas. The Vindhya and Aravalli mountain ranges bounded this national park.
Ranthambore National Park History
Maharaja of Jaipur hunted in Ranthambore earlier. In 1973, it was announced a protected area for Royal Bengal tigers.
In 2006, this Ranthambore Tiger Reserve area was 1334 sq km, but later the Forest Department increased it to 1700. 22 sq. km. Kalbadevi Sanctuary is situated on the bank of Banas River.
Sawai Man Singh Sanctuary is located to the south of this park. Besides the National Park, you can see Ranthambore Fort, Padam Talab, Raj Bagh Talab, and Malik Talab.
Ranthambore, a small village called Ran and Thambor, is surrounded by a magnificent natural environment after two hills.
Fauna and flora animals and birds
It’s the best national park for the Royal Bengal tigers. Many animals are here—jackals, cheetahs, hyenas, swamp crocodiles, wild boars, Sambar, Nilgai and Chinkara. The Asian deer are seen in this park during the daytime.
Various vegetation types are seen, such as lilies, Duckweed and lotus, which are plentiful in the park.
Best time to visit Ranthambore National Park
Ranthambore National Park Best time to visit is from October to March.
Indian forest Articles:-
- First National Park of India Jim Corbett
- Valki Machan Tour | Kolkata to Valkimachan Bardhaman West Bengal
- Sultanpur National Park Gurgaon
- Gurgaon Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary timings, entry fee
- Where is Betla national park? Address, Timings, Entry Fee
- Different Types of Forests in India
- Alipore zoological garden Kolkata | Chiriakhana entry, timings, animals
- Bhadra Wildlife Sanctuary and Tiger Reserve in India
- Chintamani Kar bird sanctuary
- Ballavpur Wildlife Sanctuary | Deer Park Bolpur West Bengal
- Tropical and Subtropical Dry Broadleaf Forests
- Gir national park in Gujarat is famous for which animal?
- Turahalli Forest cycling trails, trekking, hiking, bike ride
Definitely a good article