Sultanpur National Park was formerly known as Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary. The park has many well-known residential birds and migratory birds. Tourists come from all around for bird-watching in this Forest Sanctuary and Wildlife in India and can do boating in the lake.
In this article, I am sharing the Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary Timings, Entry Fee, Safari, the best time to visit, animals, and tour details in 2022.
Table of Contents
- Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary timings
- Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary Entry Fee
- Sultanpur National Park Gurugram History
- Sultanpur National Park is Famous for Which Animal
- Where is Sultanpur National Park Located
- How To Reach Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary
- Best Time to Visit Sultanpur National Park
- Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary Travel Tips
- Hotel in Sultanpur National Park
- Sultanpur National Park nearby places
Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary timings
|Wednesday||7:00 AM – 4:30 PM|
|Thursday||7:00 AM – 4:30 PM|
|Friday||7:00 AM – 4:30 PM|
|Saturday||7:00 AM – 4:30 PM|
|Sunday||7:00 AM – 4:30 PM|
|Monday||7:00 AM – 4:30 PM|
From Wednesday to Monday, visitors are allowed inside from 7:00 am to 4:30 pm. The park is closed on Tuesdays.
Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary Entry Fee
- Tickets for Indians are 5 rupees and 2 rupees for a child.
- Foreigners need to pay 40 rupees for entry.
- The standard camera is 10 rupees and 400 rupees for a video camera.
- The parking charge for a scooter/ Motorcycle is 5 rupees and 10 rupees for a car.
- This sanctuary is open between October to April.
- 2 to 3 hours to cover entire park.
Sultanpur National Park Gurugram History
British ornithologist Peter Michel Jackson established Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary in 1972. The status was later upgraded to a National Park in 1989. Previously it used to be a wetland which the government redeveloped later.
Sultanpur National Park is Famous for Which Animal
Sultanpur has many well-known residential birds. There are even migratory birds. Some of the birds that can be seen here are the Sarus crane, white-throated kingfisher, egret, stork, parakeet, etc. In winter, migratory birds like Siberian crane, greater flamingo, Eurasian teal, pelican, sandpiper, etc., arrive here.
Where is Sultanpur National Park Located
Sultanpur National Park is situated in Sultanpur village of Farukhnagar in the Gurugram district of Haryana spans over an extent of 142.52 hectares.
How To Reach Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary
Garhi Harsaru Junction is the nearest to Sultanpur National Park. The closest metro station is Dwarka sector 21. The distance from Gurgaon is 15 km and from Delhi is 45 km. The nearest railhead and bus stops and stations are in Gurgaon. Delhi airport is the closest airport.
Best Time to Visit Sultanpur National Park
Winter is the best time to visit this Indian forest. This time, you can see local and migratory bird species here.
Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary Travel Tips
- Bring Binoculars and Cameras to watch birds.
- Visit early morning to enjoy nature.
- There are four watch towers for visitors.
- Carry a government ID card to enter.
Hotel in Sultanpur National Park
There are accommodations nearby, such as Shiva Residency and Bohemian Villa.
Sultanpur National Park nearby places
- Gol Bavdi
- Leisure Valley Park
- Sky Jumper Trampoline Park
- Sheesh Mahal
- Heritage Transport Museum Gurgaon
- First National Park of India Jim Corbett
- Valki Machan Tour | Kolkata to Valkimachan Bardhaman West Bengal
- Where is Betla national park? Address, Timings, Entry Fee
- Alipore zoological garden Kolkata | Chiriakhana entry, timings, animals
- Bhadra Wildlife Sanctuary and Tiger Reserve in India
- Chintamani Kar bird sanctuary
- Ballavpur Wildlife Sanctuary | Deer Park Bolpur West Bengal
- Tropical and Subtropical Dry Broadleaf Forests
- Gir national park in Gujarat is famous for which animal?
- Different Types of Forests in India
- How to reach Ranthambore National Park
- Turahalli Forest cycling trails, trekking, hiking, bike ride