Betla National Park Jharkhand
Betla National park sanctuary is also known as Palamau Tiger Reserve. Many animals can see on the jeep safari. I am sharing the complete information like where is Betla National park located in Jharkhand, its address, timings, entry Fee, safari, the best time to visit, animals, how to reach it, and tour details.
Where is Betla National Park?
Betla National Park is located in the Palamu Latehar district in Jharkhand and spans 226.33 square kilometres.
Address:- SH9, Betla, Barwadih, Jharkhand, India 822111. District Headquarters: Latehar, State Capital: Ranchi, Nearest Railway Station: Barwadih, Nearest Airport: Ranchi
Betla National Park Jharkhand
Betla National Park Jharkhand History
Betla Palamau Tiger Reserve is India’s earliest tiger reserve, established in 1974 after, in 1986, the sanctuary was upgraded to Betla national park. The world’s first tiger census began in the Betla National Park forest in 1932.
It’s a combination of the Palamu Tiger Reserve and Mahuadar wolf sanctuary situated in Jharkhand. Betla’s historical importance comes from being the national park where the world’s first tiger census took place.
How to reach Betla National Park
Betla national park’s distance from Ranchi is 175 km through NH39. The nearest airport is in Ranchi. Barwadih Junction is the nearest rail station, 15 km away.
Daltonganj railway station’s distance is 24 km. Distance to Ranchi 173 km. If you go by road (the distance from Kalyani is 545 km), the road from Hazaribagh goes to Betla, which is about 180 km. (Google Maps is reliable enough).
Distance from Nearby Major Cities
- Daltonganj – Approx 24 km 37 min via NH39.
- Ranchi – Approx 177.1 km, 4 hours 28 minutes via NH39.
- Bihar – Approx 252.4 km, 6 hours 39 minutes via NH139.
- Kolkata – Approx 583.2 km, 12 hours 16 minutes via NH39.
- Lucknow – Approx 612.5 km, 11 hours 41 minutes via Purvanchal Expy.
- New Delhi – Approx 1,144.5 km, 19 hours 7 minutes via Purvanchal Expy and Agra – Lucknow Expy.
Betla National Park Timings
|Monday||9:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Tuesday||9:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Wednesday||9:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Thursday||9:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Friday||9:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Saturday||9:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Sunday||9:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
Note:- August and September are in Monsoon season, that time, the jungle is closed for breeding.
Betla National Park Entry Fee and Safari details
The total safari cost is 1200 rupees for six people with a guide to enter the jungle in 2022.
- The entry fee for Indians is 300 rupees for 1 hour (6p), and for foreigners, It’s 500 rupees.
- The parking maintenance fee is 100 rupees
- The vehicle fee is 650 rupees per hour.
- The guide cost is 150 rupees and the
- Camera changes 100 rupees.
- The elephant safari cost 400 rupees.
Note: If you have your car, the vehicle fee will not be charged.
Betla National Park is Famous for Which Animal
This Indian forest is among the first national park to come under Project Tiger. It’s a tropical forest. Betla is currently having approx Bison (100), Elephant (200), Tiger (41), Leopard (7), and axis is the scientific name for spotted deer (1300).
Wild Bear, Nilgai, Kakar, Sloth, and Hyena are here. Chital, Sambhar, Langurs, and Gour also reside in large groups.
Best Time to Visit Betla National Park
The park is open throughout the year. But October to March is the best time to visit Betla National Park. A road inside the forest connects the highway, so the jungle’s journey will mesmerize any traveller.
Things To Do In Betla National Park
The major attraction here is the jeep and elephant safaris. Within the forest are log huts and tree houses for tourists to stay in.
Hotels in Betla National Park
The hotel park view is the closest hotel to the national park. The hotel has its restaurant on the premises. You can stay in the government Betla forest tree house too.
Top 7 Beautiful Places to Visit in Palam Betla National Park
- Kechki Sangam – 11 KM
- Palamu New Fort – 5 km
- Mirchaiya Waterfall and Dam – 35 KM
- Mandal Dam – 38 KM
- Baradih Mandir -15 km
- Taptapani – 31 KM
- Kamaldah Talab – 7 KM
- First National Park of India Jim Corbett
- Valki Machan Tour | Kolkata to Valkimachan Bardhaman West Bengal
- Sultanpur National Park Gurgaon
- Gurgaon Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary timings, entry fee
- Alipore zoological garden Kolkata | Chiriakhana entry, timings, animals
- Bhadra Wildlife Sanctuary and Tiger Reserve in India
- Chintamani Kar bird sanctuary
- Ballavpur Wildlife Sanctuary | Deer Park Bolpur West Bengal
- Gir national park in Gujarat is famous for which animal?
- Different Types of Forests in India
- How to reach Ranthambore National Park
- Turahalli Forest cycling trails, trekking, hiking, bike ride