Rabindra Tirtha New Town Rajarhat Kolkata [FULL DETAILS]
I found ‘Rabindra Tirtha Museum while visiting Kolkata Biswa Bangla Gate or ECO Park Kolkata.
To celebrate the 150th birth anniversary of Rabindranath Tagore, WBIDDC Limited established a cultural and research institute called Rabindra Tirtha in the New town of Kolkata, West Bengal.
Rabindra Tirtha New Town Rajarhat Kolkata
Read কবিগুরু রবীন্দ্রনাথ ঠাকুর এর সংক্ষিপ্ত জীবনী ও সৃষ্টিকর্ম
Rabindra Tirtha Narkel Bagan New Town Kolkata
It’s a research centre dedicated to Rabindranath’sRabindranath’s life and work. Here students, enthusiasts, and researchers come and experience their way.
On August 7, 2012, Rabindra Tirtha was inaugurated by the Honorable Chief Minister of West Bengal. It is in the heart of the New Town Rajarhat and is spread over an area of 4.89 acres.
This place has a museum, auditorium, art gallery, exhibition hall, mini cinema hall, and music room, including cultural benefits.
They have created a digital archive of Rabindranath Tagore’slife and works. You can listen to Rabindranath Tagore’s songs, poems, and paintings in the museum. After the Jorasanko Thakur Bari museum, this is the second Rabindranath Tagore museum in Kolkata city.
The museum is built for the young generation’s interests. Worldwide, Tagore’s works have a rich tradition, and for scholars, this archive provides lots of knowledge about their research.
There are two beautiful auditoriums; one is “Jibonsmriti,” and another is “Chobi O Gann.” Rabindranath’sRabindranath’s entire biography is wrapped in “Jibonsmriti,” and you can see many pictures of Rabindranath’sRabindranath’s paintings in the “Chobi O Gann” auditorium.
A beautiful lake and flower garden outside of the auditorium, and lots of sitting arrangements are available here.
Read Kolkata Dakshineswar Kali mandir and Belur math Adyapith with Skywalk
Address and Contact
Rabindra Tirtha is located on – Premises No. 33—1111. Biswa Bangla Sarani. 3rd Rotary, New Town, Kolkata 700 156 West Bengal.
Opposite the Biswa Bangla Gate, take a half-minute by walking. Rabindra Tirtha’s contact no is 033 2324 6002.
Rabindra Tirtha Ticket Price
The entry fee is 20 rupees and Tickets are offered till 7 pm.
Rabindra Tirtha opening and closing time
Rabindra Tirtha is closed on Monday. The other day is open from 2 pm to 8 pm. On the holidays and Sundays, the opening time is 12 noon to 8 pm.
Read Santiniketan tour from Kolkata
Rabindra Tirtha library
- There is a library whose annual membership charge is 500 rupees. The library is open from Tuesday to Sunday from 4 pm to 7 pm.
- On the premises, there is a theatre workshop and a film studio, which you can rent.
- Rabindra Tirtha events rate of rent of different spots.
- Rabindra Tirtha Auditorium (200 seats).
- Rupees 10,000/- for the first 3 hrs. On weekdays (Tuesday–Friday).
- Rupees 12,000/- for the first 3 hrs. On holidays (Saturday, Sunday, and gazette days).
- Charges using auditorium over 3 hours – Extra Rs.2 000/- per added hour.
- Rupees 5000/- for 3 hours of Rehearsal.
- Charges using auditorium over 3 hours: Extra Rs.3000/- per added hour if the party used their sound, light, and led display screen.
- Refundable Security Deposit: Rupees 5,000/- per day,
- Rs. 1000/- for video recording.
- Accommodation is also available here, like AC Cottage 2,000 per day.
Rabindra Tirtha Art Gallery
- Rupees 2,000/- per day subject to a minimum booking for three days (Only for exhibition purposes)
- Rupees 10000/- for a week (only for exhibition purposes)
- Daily Timing – 2 pm to 8 pm
- Rupees 3,000/- for 4 hours (other than the exhibition)
- Charges using gallery over 4 hours – Extra Rs.1, 000/- per additional hour
- Refundable Security Deposit – 2,500/- per day
Rabindra Tirtha Music Hall (20 seats)
- Rupees 1500 for first 4 hours
- Charges using Music Hall over 4 hours – extra rupees 500/- per additional hour
Read Chintamani Kar bird sanctuary
Rabindra Tirtha Workshop-I (Only workshop purpose)
- Rs.2, 500/- for the first 4 hours
- Charges for using Workshop-I over 4 hours – extra Rs.500/- per additional hour
- Refundable Security Deposit of rupees 1,500/- per day
Rabindra Tirtha Workshop–II
- Rs. 6OOO- for the first 4 hours for workshop purpose
- Charges using Workshop-Il over 4 hours –
- Extra Rs – l, 500/- per additional hour
- Refundable Security deposit – Rs.2, 500/- per day
- Other than workshop Rupees 10, 000/- first 4 hours for workshop events purpose
- Charges using Workshop-Il over 4 hours – Extra Rupees – 1,500/- per additional hour
- Refundable Security Deposit of Rs.5, 000/- per day
You May Like Most famous places in Kolkata
Cinema Hall (50 seats)
- Rupees.3, 000/- for the first 4 hours for a workshop and cultural event purpose.
- Charges using Cinema hail over 4 hours – extra Rs.500/- per additional hour as.
- Refundable Security deposit – Rs. 1,500/- per day.
- Rupees.5.000/- per hour subject to a minimum booking for 2 hours in open space in the Complex.
- Rupees.5, 000/- per hour for shooting inside the Auditorium of Rabindra Tirtha.
- Refundable Security deposit – Rs.5 000/- per day.
Rabindra Tirtha Accommodation
- Non-Ac dining hall with kitchen facility – Rs.4 000/- per day.
- Ac dining hall with kitchen facility – Rs.5 000/- per day.
- AC Cottage – Rs.2 000/- per day (one cottage).
- Dormitory bed – Rs.300/- per bed per day.
- Projector – Rs. 2OOO/- for the first 4 hours and Rs.250/- extra per hour.
- Open space – Rs.500/- per hour subject to charge for a minimum of 3 hours.
- Parking for 4-wheeler – Rs.50/- (for 6 hours).
- Parking for 2-wheeler – Rs.25/- (for 6 hours).
How to reach Rabindra Tirtha Newtown
The bus route to go Biswa Bangla gate and Rabindra Tirtha:-
- S 30: Ultadanga to Ecospace or Chingrihata
- AC 12: Sapoorji to Howrah
- AC 23A: Bally Khal to Salt Lake
- S 12E: Howrah to Ecospace
- S 1 4C: Dunlop to Unitech
- S23A: Bally Khal to Salt Lake
- S 53: Unitech to Kolkata Station
- S 9C: Patuli to Ecospace
Visit Bolpur Santiniketan tour plan guide from Kolkata
My holiday story
I went from Ruby Golpark to Saltlake College More, and from there take another bus to the Narkel Bagan bus stop.
Some tips to enter the Biswa Bangla Gate:-
Try to reach these places at least one hour before, collect the entry ticket at the Biswa Bangla gate, and first visit the Rabindra Tirtha museum.
Book a ticket from BookMyShow, and show the receipt to the Biswa Bangla Gate ticket counter. After they provide you with a valid ticket for the Biswa Bangla Gate. You can spend a maximum of 45 minutes on the top. There is a small cafeteria and souvenir shop.
How to reach Rabindra Tirtha Kolkata?
You can visit Rabindra Tirtha by Bus/cab, app cab, etc. Buses are available from Sealdah (S-12)/ Howrah/ Bidhannagar Stations. Auto services are also available from Bidhannagar. It is opposite Biswa Bangla gate.
Which visiting places are near Rabindra Tirtha?
Home town mall
Mother Wax Museum
City center 2
What is the ticket price of Rabindra Tirtha?
The entry fee for Rabindra Tirtha is 20 rupees. 50% concession for school students (over 20 students) from Tuesday to Thursday and 50% concession for college students (around ten students).
What is the name of Tagore’s house at Bolpur?
Rabindra Bhavan is the name of Tagore’sTagore’s house in Bolpur Insight in Biswa Bharati. It is open daily from Friday to Tuesday from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm and from 2 pm to 5 pm. It was established in 1942. The ticket cost 50 rupees.